Post pics of your denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mike C., May 16, 2005.

1. Ahaz

Ahaz Senior member

Oh God, now everyone within hearing range of my cube knows I'm not doing any work. Thanks, friend. Thanks.

EDIT: Ouch ddml, cheapmutha just zinged ya'![​IMG]

2. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Ya I don't understand the whole honeycombs thing. Mine are distinct but they aren't fading at all. Actually, my APCs aren't really faded anywhere except on the butt. Kind of annoying considering I've had them for about a year (probably wear 2x a week).

honeycombs are a very inconsistent thing for many people. They seem to take a very long time to come in for people who aren't running or biking, etc.

4. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

honeycombs are a very inconsistent thing for many people. They seem to take a very long time to come in for people who aren't running or biking, etc.

Yeah, the honeycombing on my RRDS were barely coming along at all, compared to the hige, for basically all of winter. Once it warmed up and I started walking to and from work each day instead of taking the bus/subway (about a mile each way--no big deal, but it adds up), they started to catch up in a big way.

5. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

6. 2000dB

2000dB Senior member

First post here... a copy from a thread on superfuture.

I've been wearing those everyday since September 21.
    I've washed them twice in the machine with water around 40° then I've hung them to dry.
    They've also been soaked once because I had spilled some nasty things on them while cooking.

After the second wash two little "holes" have formed behind the knees. I think they might have suffered in the machine... I don't really care though.

I don't starch them anymore but I did in the first few months. I don't think it's really necessary, the creases set nicely and it's more comfortable to wear. Also it makes the denim drape better.

I think that because I play drums a lot (music student) I get really weird fading on the seat and the inside of the knees.

I'm thinking of washing those in the next few weeks because I spilled more food on them and they get sweaty fast because of all the drumming.

Sorry for the horrible pics, I suck at taking pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Geowu

Geowu Senior member

Studio D'Artisan SD-103 -- 5 months and 2 washes. [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] The color is represented more accurately on the first two pics.

8. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Looking awesome, Geowu. Really beautiful denim--it's particularly evident in the third pic.

I am worried that you seem to be living in an 8-bit universe, though. Beware any turtles you see, and eat all the mushrooms you can find.

9. kiko

kiko Member

Looking awesome, Geowu. Really beautiful denim--it's particularly evident in the third pic.

I am worried that you seem to be living in an 8-bit universe, though. Beware any turtles you see, and eat all the mushrooms you can find.

Ahahah, don't forget to get the one-up and save the princess.

10. botch

botch New Member

After lurking here unregistered for half a year I'm finally posting something.

RRDS washed after 5 months.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The waist obviously isn't that small, I just have it held open so air could get into them and dry them quicker.

11. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Is that circular wear mark from snuss?

12. botch

botch New Member

Nah, not into that. I keep mints in my pocket this time of year when my allergies really kick up (Hay Fever?). Nasal drainage gives me horrible breath.

13. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

After lurking here unregistered for half a year I'm finally posting something.

RRDS washed after 5 months.

The waist obviously isn't that small, I just have it held open so air could get into them and dry them quicker.

They look great! I love the RRDS blue after it's been washed. Such a great color.

14. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

Is that circular wear mark from snuss?

What is snuss? Do you mean snuff? or am I missing something? or are they the same?

15. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

It's kind of like chewing tobacco. I don't think it's available in the USA.