Post pics of your denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mike C., May 16, 2005.

1. pridecake

pridecake Senior member

less indigo, doesn't hold on as strong as some of the better dyed japanese brands.

musing

2. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

I posted some pics of these earlier, but not only am I once again bored, but I thought I could take a few better pics.

Got these in Tulsa sometime in 2007 for about 2$. They didn't fit at first, but after a little SF/Sufu education I soaked em and squeezed into them.

Thrifted Levis 503 Bxx
    29-34

Almost all the fades were there when I bought them.

soaked once, no washes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

Update on a pair of my Japanese denims. Just did my second wash. First three pics are pre-wash, last 7 are post-wash. Color in first and last pics is spot on. The fadez look brighter in the last pic because the dirt hiding in the first pics got washed away in the wash. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Enjoy.

4. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

brutus, those are sick!

5. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

Thanks. I'm not a giant fan of uber-fades (but I will be when I have a pair with some) so for me these are just about perfect.

6. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Not to get completely CSI with denim but it's interesting how your right thigh has creasemarks that your left doesn't. I noticed my Crates have the same assymetrical creasing like yours only mine are on the left thigh.

7. erbs

erbs Senior member

^^^

That's because on LHT twill denim creases go against the twill lines on the right leg and with them on the left leg. It is easier to form creases against the grain, so the right leg ends up with more creases.

It is the exact opposite on RHT denim. My Samurais have more creases on the left leg because the go against the grain of the RHT denim.

8. whodini

Hhmm. Never knew that SC used LHT. [​IMG]

9. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

I always thought it was because my right leg had an interesting twist to it. The tongue on my right foot shoes always shifts to the side as well. I just figured it was all related.

10. whodini

I always thought it was because my right leg had an interesting twist to it. The tongue on my right foot shoes always shifts to the side as well. I just figured it was all related.
    [​IMG]

11. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

12. nyc_gaucho

nyc_gaucho Senior member

I posted some pics of these earlier, but not only am I once again bored, but I thought I could take a few better pics.

Got these in Tulsa sometime in 2007 for about 2$. They didn't fit at first, but after a little SF/Sufu education I soaked em and squeezed into them.

Thrifted Levis 503 Bxx
    29-34

Almost all the fades were there when I bought them.

soaked once, no washes.

what an incredibly awesome thrifting find, robbie...i'll never get so lucky...[​IMG]

i don't remember ever seeing these on you in the waywn thread...i'm curious to see a fit pic

13. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

I think it also has to do with the wallet being in the pocket of that side. It's the same deal with my jeans and I think the fabric pulls differently because of the bulge of the wallet.

14. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

what an incredibly awesome thrifting find, robbie...i'll never get so lucky...[​IMG]

i don't remember ever seeing these on you in the waywn thread...i'm curious to see a fit pic

[​IMG]

15. whodini

I think it also has to do with the wallet being in the pocket of that side. It's the same deal with my jeans and I think the fabric pulls differently because of the bulge of the wallet.
    Not....really. His wallet is on the same side I carry mine and yet his lap creases are completely opposite to mine. I realize it's almost noon over there but could you please put down the bottle?