Post pics of your denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mike C., May 16, 2005.

1. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

Guess what I'm 42 and like few things that youngsters like might like. Don't put me down for that, please.

funny thing is, you are wrong. You are 42 and you like what 52-year-olds *think* youngsters like. no youngster here likes your shitty $880 jeans

2. WayneGibbous

WayneGibbous Senior member

Sorry to pile on Daskb, but you have been duped by these designers into buying trash with a label on it. Desinger trash. Nothing sticks out about any of these jeans...$900? $600? I wouldn't wear any of these if they were free.

3. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Senior member

This reminds me somewhat of that horrid "Esquire guide to jeans" they had a few months back, where they endorsed Borrellis as the finest jeans available. And I'm sure Borrelli's jeans are infinitely superior to those ass-ugly LVs, Pradas or Dolces.

Still, I might wear the Hermes selvages if I got them for free, they don't look half bad (assuming the cut really is similiar to APC NS, like was mentioned in that other thread). Having said that, they don't look even as good as say Uniqlo selvages, which are like 70. So cost/quality-wise, that's quite possibly the worst denim collection I've ever seen.

4. johnnylazar

johnnylazar Senior member

That guide to jeans was horrible. And that dudes jean collection sucked. The dolce and gabbanas are ugly as hell. I think it's funny how they plaster logos everywhere, like the plaque on the back pocket. Like that is really necessary.

5. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

This reminds me somewhat of that horrid "Esquire guide to jeans" they had a few months back, where they endorsed Borrellis as the finest jeans available. And I'm sure Borrelli's jeans are infinitely superior to those ass-ugly LVs, Pradas or Dolces.

I looked up the article in question... they actually didn't say Borelli was the best jeans available, they just used it as an example of jeans at that price point. (Although I suppose the fact they feature it at all is an implicit recommendation.)

I'm sure most of them are fine jeans I might very well buy if they cost an order of magnitude less. Of course, things like the subtle shade of color and fit are difficult to discern from photos. The only things I find truly obnoxious are the LV back pocket and the zippered (!) back pocket of the Dolce & Gabbanas-- possibly the most impractical detail I've ever seen.

All these jeans from design houses bear at least some imprimatur of quality, but certainly not enough to offset the "paying for the name" markup. Jeans are not really "fashion" items, and the qualities that set a pair of jeans apart usually involve craftsmanship rather than "design".

6. whatuknowaboutthat

whatuknowaboutthat Senior member

lets try this again.. LVC 1967 606 Super Slims, size 29x32. Not sure how long i've worn these but the last month I've been rocking these hard.. No soak, no wash. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

*mean it.

Hey douche,
    You still owe some pics on the other side you jackass.
    I believe it was summed up right in that you are a 42 year old (with sad priorities), who dresses like how a 52 year olds perception of what is young....
    How about you just sit back and learn before speaking in the future.

8. jbm7777

jbm7777 Senior member

First pair of Raw Denim... APC Rescue, size 35. I normally wear somewhere between a 36 and 38. Pics taken on day 3 of wearing them. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Thanks Mauro!

9. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

these are ages old, haven't worn them in about a year and a half...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

corpus morphy

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

jbm- Those don't look good on you. Get some LVCs or something more relax cut in the thighs.

11. Fat-Elvis

Fat-Elvis Senior member

jbm- Those don't look good on you. Get some LVCs or something more relax cut in the thighs.

seriously. you have too much of a butt for jeans like that. Kinda like me.

12. Leonard Leroy

Leonard Leroy Senior member

13. asobu

asobu Senior member

14. djh

djh Senior member

how many months/washes?

lookin good.

15. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

wow,just...wow!

great job Leroy.