• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Nudie RR dry selvedge after moderate use for 6 months and one wash. Â The wear marks were accentuated by using a chopped up piece of denim that was soaked in hot water and then rubbed whilst wearing the jeans (edit: effect also accentuated by rubbing damp hands on the jeans.). The back of the knee was also treated the same way: Here are some jeans that are in various stages of wearing: 1) Evisus from the back. Left has been used 1 month and is a RHT, Right has been used 3 months and then washed, LHT From the front (L to R): Denime 66 type, Evisu RHT, Evisu LHT 2) Clockwise starting from the bottom: 45RPM Aihiko, Denime, LVC 501 (1947), LVC 501 (1933): I don't have any pictures from the rear since the camera I borrowed had only a 8mb card in it and I didn't have the software.....

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(T4phage @ May 18 2005,04:35) My Nudie RR dry selvedge after moderate use for 6 months and one wash. Â
Cold wash?
Tepid wash.... the water became a nasty bruise colour: browns, greens, blues....
cry.gif
At least it was easy to clean the tub compared to Levis or Denimes.

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Does the first wash accentuate the wear, and does it prevent further wear? I'm working in a pair of APCs and it seems to be going painfully slowly.

Dan

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the first wash accentuate the wear, and does it prevent further wear?  I'm working in a pair of APCs and it seems to be going painfully slowly.

Dan
The first wash definitely accentuates the wear, especially if you was it in hot water. Will it slow down the rate of wear, I would think so since you would have washed off a lot of the indigo dye that was sitting on the very top surface of the fabric... RingRing/LA Guy/Brian SD would know better.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Wow T4 those Aihikos are a brilliant color. The 1947 LVCs are looking really nice too.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Here are pictures of my Nudie Regular Ralf Dry Selvage jeans. They are about 4 months old, and have been washed 2-3 times. I dont really remember. Anyway, they are looking really good, IMO:
p10100708jq.jpg
p10100715kr.jpg

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Jeez Brian, did you take sandpaper to the wallet or is that just from regular wear? If the latter I can't imagine they will last much longer...

Brian SD

Reaction score
There are two reasons why the back pocket is ripped like that

1) my wallet has a moneyclip on it which ahs a metal bar going through that's exposed on the bottom two corners... so the metal is wearing through the denim quickly. When the hole gets 2 inches or so big, I'll just patch it up with some denim from jeans I don't wear anymore.

2) I go to the beach and sit on the rocks or in the sand in my jeans a couple times a week so the rough texture really wore down the back pockets

I wear my jeans really really rough. I didn't use sandpaper or pumice at all on these jeans, it's just from biking, running, dancing, drinking, racquetball, etc.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice Brian. My APC's look identical to those; I still haven't washed them yet, will post pics soon.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow T4 those Aihikos are a brilliant color. The 1947 LVCs are looking really nice too.
my fave is the 1947's, i really like the bright blue showing through the darker grey-blue. i bet they look cool in real life.

Geowu

Reaction score
My APC's will be 2 months old on Monday, I'll post pics then... haven't washed them yet either.

Brian or anyone, you think homemade spray starch (corn-starch + water) has the same effect of bought spray starch?

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Brian SD @ May 20 2005,13:52) Wow T4 those Aihikos are a brilliant color. The 1947 LVCs are looking really nice too.
my fave is the 1947's, i really like the bright blue showing through the darker grey-blue. i bet they look cool in real life.
Thanks Faustian. Yes, they are ageing quite nicely, and it does indeed look nicer in person. Although the camera did not capture it, most of the others also have the bright blue peeking through the darker blue.

Sway23

Reaction score
Brian: Those Nudies are looking real nice. What have you been doing to keep them smelling OK? After wearing my APCs for about a week straight, they're already starting to smell/feel a bit... funky. I can't imagine wearing them hard for 6 months straight without cleaning them in some way....

Brian SD

Reaction score
Sway,as I mentioned, I've been washing them once every month and a half or so, and as you can see it's been working out just fine.

a method I have been doing that has been working nicely for me: stick a fragrant softener sheet in the back pocket of the jeans, and throw them in the dryer on high heat for an hour. It will shrink them to their normal size and they should smell not-so-badly. I've been doing this once a week for the past two months ro so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics