Post pics of your denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mike C., May 16, 2005.

1. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Yeah, true; I just happen to think that cardboard look is kind of wack.

And Sam, great stuff.

2. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

A pair of Crate Jacksons at 7 months. These belong to a friend of CONTEXT.

Last time I saw him Chad's couple of months-old Hami's were looking good, too.

Really can't wait to break in my selvage Sallys one of these days.

3. Mark C.

Mark C. Senior member

Imperial Dukes at 15 months - first wash before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And after:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dude, these are amazing, man. Excellent work....WOW!!!

4. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

SAM
    Those Impresials are awesome. I like how they've faded, but the backpocket stitching is too much for me.

5. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

My SC Okinawa's. I've had them about one year and three months with about six months of actual wear. The wonderful results of a desk job! (APC NS pics coming soon.) Before 1st wash: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] After 1st wash: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. morse9443

morse9443 Senior member

Hit the 2 month mark with my S0500's. Initial soak, still no wash, but check out the premature ass fade. I cycle about 5 or 10 miles a day, but I don't think I'll be wearing the Sammy's anymore when I do. Am I freaking, or is this an ass blow out just waiting to happen?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

As promised, my APC NS's. I've had these since November 2006 but they didn't get much love at first because they looked funny with my over-sized shirts. I've had probably 4-5 months of actual wear. That is, 4 to 5 months of desk job action. Nothing too fancy but these subtle fades are what you simply will never find in a "pre-washed" pair of designer jeans. The last pic is probably a good example of what I'm talking about. I don't think I've ever seen a pre-distressed pair of jeans with a nice crease across the side seem. (Maybe I'm just not observant enough.) Enjoy.

Before 1st wash:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cleaning the selvedge!
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

9. WayneGibbous

WayneGibbous Senior member

SAM
    Those Impresials are awesome. I like how they've faded, but the backpocket stitching is too much for me.

Too much? Would you prefer there was NO back pocket at all? The stitching on Imps are fine.

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Pics of washed APCs make me want to wash my new cures even though i've barely worn them. The post wash color is much nicer looking.

11. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

i need to take some pics of my apcs, havn't done that in a while... combs are pretty defined for 13 months of weekend warrior

12. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Pics of washed APCs make me want to wash my new cures even though i've barely worn them. The post wash color is much nicer looking.
    I usually don't subscribe to the "wait forever before you wash" camp--even with Nudies' (selvage) jeans, for example, I think washing them like you would a pair of Flatheads yields great results--but APCs are my one big exception to the rule. After the first wash they look great, the color is awesome, but they start to lose contrast after the second wash IME. The color is also really nice when they've been heavily beaten but remain unwashed, though YMMV as I actually really like the color of APCs when they're raw. Anyway, Brutus' APCs look great, I like the subtle fade.

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Yea, i'm not as obsessed with the "personal fades telling a story" as some are, but i figure my APCs are my only raw jeans with a chance to fade. My lack raw jlindenbergs have some stretch and my black rings are kinda fading but it looks almost dusty as they're waxed.

I'm gonna try to force myself to wear them more. I've only worn indigo jeans once in the past 2 months. Most of my clothes seem to go better with black, grey or khakis pants for some reason.

14. JOA

JOA Senior member

Pics are great, Brutus! Thanks! My first pair of NS just hit 3 months of constant wear this past Saturday. I'm trying to hold out until early August before the first wash/soak.

15. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

Too much? Would you prefer there was NO back pocket at all? The stitching on Imps are fine.

yes, I prefer no back pocket stitching.