• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, true; I just happen to think that cardboard look is kind of wack.

And Sam, great stuff.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dirk Benedict
A pair of Crate Jacksons at 7 months. These belong to a friend of CONTEXT.

Last time I saw him Chad's couple of months-old Hami's were looking good, too.

Really can't wait to break in my selvage Sallys one of these days.

Mark C.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SAM113
Imperial Dukes at 15 months - first wash before:
11ls8cz.jpg

amrvbq.jpg

And after:
33u51du.jpg

351eqmb.jpg

Dude, these are amazing, man. Excellent work....WOW!!!

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
SAM
Those Impresials are awesome. I like how they've faded, but the backpocket stitching is too much for me.

Brutus

Reaction score
My SC Okinawa's. I've had them about one year and three months with about six months of actual wear. The wonderful results of a desk job! (APC NS pics coming soon.) Before 1st wash:
DSCI0079C.jpg
DSCI0056C.jpg
DSCI0064C.jpg
DSCI0048C.jpg
After 1st wash:
DSCI0089C.jpg
DSCI0096C.jpg
DSCI0093C.jpg
DSCI0100C.jpg

morse9443

Reaction score
Hit the 2 month mark with my S0500's. Initial soak, still no wash, but check out the premature ass fade. I cycle about 5 or 10 miles a day, but I don't think I'll be wearing the Sammy's anymore when I do. Am I freaking, or is this an ass blow out just waiting to happen?

Brutus

Reaction score
As promised, my APC NS's. I've had these since November 2006 but they didn't get much love at first because they looked funny with my over-sized shirts. I've had probably 4-5 months of actual wear. That is, 4 to 5 months of desk job action. Nothing too fancy but these subtle fades are what you simply will never find in a "pre-washed" pair of designer jeans. The last pic is probably a good example of what I'm talking about. I don't think I've ever seen a pre-distressed pair of jeans with a nice crease across the side seem. (Maybe I'm just not observant enough.) Enjoy.

Before 1st wash:
DSCI0015C.jpg

DSCI0055C.jpg

DSCI0061C.jpg

Cleaning the selvedge!
DSCI0064C.jpg

After:
DSCI0068C.jpg

DSCI0072C.jpg

DSCI0070C.jpg

DSCI0075C.jpg

DSCI0077C.jpg

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
morse9443 said:
Hit the 2 month mark with my S0500's. Initial soak, still no wash, but check out the premature ass fade. I cycle about 5 or 10 miles a day, but I don't think I'll be wearing the Sammy's anymore when I do. Am I freaking, or is this an ass blow out just waiting to happen?
Haha make sure you're standing on your pedals biking along a line of traffic when it happens...

On a more serious note I'm not sure what to say, but you'll probably even them out with more normal wear not biking, stucturally I think they'd won't burst for quite a while. Unless, they're extremely tight ********** and you keep this kind of wear going.

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
SAM
Those Impresials are awesome. I like how they've faded, but the backpocket stitching is too much for me.

Too much? Would you prefer there was NO back pocket at all? The stitching on Imps are fine.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i need to take some pics of my apcs, havn't done that in a while... combs are pretty defined for 13 months of weekend warrior

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Pics of washed APCs make me want to wash my new cures even though i've barely worn them. The post wash color is much nicer looking.
I usually don't subscribe to the "wait forever before you wash" camp--even with Nudies' (selvage) jeans, for example, I think washing them like you would a pair of Flatheads yields great results--but APCs are my one big exception to the rule. After the first wash they look great, the color is awesome, but they start to lose contrast after the second wash IME. The color is also really nice when they've been heavily beaten but remain unwashed, though YMMV as I actually really like the color of APCs when they're raw. Anyway, Brutus' APCs look great, I like the subtle fade.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Yea, i'm not as obsessed with the "personal fades telling a story" as some are, but i figure my APCs are my only raw jeans with a chance to fade. My lack raw jlindenbergs have some stretch and my black rings are kinda fading but it looks almost dusty as they're waxed.

I'm gonna try to force myself to wear them more. I've only worn indigo jeans once in the past 2 months. Most of my clothes seem to go better with black, grey or khakis pants for some reason.

JOA

Reaction score
Pics are great, Brutus! Thanks! My first pair of NS just hit 3 months of constant wear this past Saturday. I'm trying to hold out until early August before the first wash/soak.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WayneGibbous
Too much? Would you prefer there was NO back pocket at all? The stitching on Imps are fine.

yes, I prefer no back pocket stitching.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads