• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
^^^ Hey, I was drunk. I'm sure you couldn't relate.
confused.gif
You staying on the West Coast for much longer?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
^^^
Hey, I was drunk. I'm sure you couldn't relate.
confused.gif

You staying on the West Coast for much longer?

i don't live in philly anymore, that's for sure. out here for good it seems. at least for now.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cookieoflife
Not the best pic, but it'll have to do.

img_5094.jpg

For people wondering how 5EP denim fades:
img_4564.jpg

img_5126.jpg

img_5131.jpg

Note: Contrast has been boosted on this last photo.

For anyone else with a neurotic obsession for documenting denim, check out the minigallery I just set up.

Damn....I really need to start wearing my 5ep LDB resins, instead of using them as my dressy jean.

capnpyro

Reaction score
I took pics a couple weeks ago but they weren't very visible, I'm getting the hang of my D80 w/ Lightroom here. Lot's of pictures so they're thumbed, also these are still damp as I've been wearing them since having just washed them earlier in the day. They're 21cm's at 3 washes in 1 year. Last one there I have them pulled to the side so you can see the feint traintracks, pretty cool. I wasn't expecting it to show.

hamm23

Reaction score
Nice work on the 21cm's, when did you do the first wash?

capnpyro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamm23
Nice work on the 21cm's, when did you do the first wash?

First was was around 6 or 8 months, I could of washed them sooner I think but I liked the way they fit at the time so I held out as long as I could. Then after I washed them I liked how they fit better.

dmaz

Reaction score
5ep Low Down Boot Resin @ various stages of wear, however not the most recent...worn for a little over 2 years (don't know the exact amount of actual wear) and washed many times with Dr. Bronner's. I also have the 5epxSF and the Low Down Boot in raw and they fade A LOT nicer and quicker than the resins. I love these jeans.

dscn2723ej5.jpg

dscn2685hl0.jpg

dscn2733ig8.jpg

dscn2734nb6.jpg

cookieoflife

Reaction score
**** Dmaz, I think you just convinced me to throw my pair of SDZ's in the wash a few times. The blue they take on is absolutely spectacular.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads