Post pics of your denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mike C., May 16, 2005.

1. Asch

Asch Senior member

Might the 2% lycra prevent the jeans from stretching (permanently, that is) much? The fit looks great; very nice silhouette.

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I've heard this, but I'm of the opinion that the cotton fibers will stretch like any other cotton will, only when they are taken off the lycra will snap back like a rubber band. It's not going to undo the stretch though. I do expect that they won't stretch like raw 100% cotton, but that's probably a good thing in this case. Also, lycra fibers themselves will stretch and eventually break if stressed enough.

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Yea, 2% stretch jeans still stretch out and get saggy in areas like normal 100% cotton jeans. The main advantage i've gotten from them is easier mobility. You don't get the APC/japanese denim stiffness where it's harder to move and sharp on the back of your knees at first.

4. drashyyy

drashyyy Member

Shellshock, if you could answer a few questions... I'm in between sizes too. sometimes a 25, sometimes a 26 and occasionally 24 if the jeans run big. But you sized down right? Did you think the sizes were pretty accurate? Thanks a lot, the jeans look great btw

5. shellshock

shellshock Forum Mascot

Yea, 2% stretch jeans still stretch out and get saggy in areas like normal 100% cotton jeans. The main advantage i've gotten from them is easier mobility. You don't get the APC/japanese denim stiffness where it's harder to move and sharp on the back of your knees at first.

word. they were definitely more stiff than regular jeans but nothing ridic.

Shellshock, if you could answer a few questions... I'm in between sizes too. sometimes a 25, sometimes a 26 and occasionally 24 if the jeans run big. But you sized down right? Did you think the sizes were pretty accurate? Thanks a lot, the jeans look great btw

i didn't size down, i got my normal size. i had talked to some dude at denimbar when i was trying to get some sling&stones and he told me to just get my size. i didn't have any measurements to go on with these so i just got my true size and hoped for the best. they were hard to put on at first, the button was pulling but they'll be alright when they stretch a little. if anything i'd be more towards a 27 in the hips/rear but then the legs and back of the thigh are always more baggy. hope this helps!

6. FormulaQ

FormulaQ Senior member

gave up on trying to find a pair of s&s in my size and bought these.

[​IMG]

here's hoping that the hips/waist stretches a bit.
    bandanna for robbing trains was included with the purchase ^_^

dayum baby u fine

7. Avyer

Avyer Well-Known Member

gave up on trying to find a pair of s&s in my size and bought these.

[​IMG]

here's hoping that the hips/waist stretches a bit.
    bandanna for robbing trains was included with the purchase ^_^

If they're like the male versions, they do. And after that pic, going to head back over to Dresscodes and buy my girl a pair.

8. Serg

Serg Senior member

I'm a 28w do you guys think that the RB6 in a 28w might look better or is it simply the cut of the jean that is bad for me? I like the wide legs since I'm used to wearing baggy jeans.

If you want something relaxd'ish but fitted for your skinny proportions go for KMW 1980's 1 inch smaller than your waste (so a 27). Although denim bar and context have none in stock at that size. These jeans are slim straight legs and will be much more flattering.

Other choices would be flathead 3001 (now called f310). If you go for these go for true waist size. self edge has them in stock. These are a bit lower rise I believe (don't have a pair yet).

9. greatfool

greatfool Member

PBJ xx-007, size 30", hemmed to 29". Probably my favorite.
    [​IMG]

Those shoes look awesome with that shade of denim. Can I ask what shoe that is and what color?

10. toadstone

toadstone Member

Those shoes look awesome with that shade of denim. Can I ask what shoe that is and what color?

They are Allen Edmonds Sanfords in cognac, though I used brown polish to darken them a shade.

11. Asch

Asch Senior member

I own the same shoes and agree they work great with jeans. Sanfords can be found easily on eBay -- got mine for something like $50 in excellent condition.

12. Asch

Asch Senior member

Iron Heart 634S (thanks Kiya!), 7 months wear (~5x/week), no wash, no soak, filthy but odorless: [​IMG] [​IMG] Color representation is pretty accurate. These things fade sloooooowly. EDIT: For comparison, this is how they looked brand-new: [​IMG]

13. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

5 months of solid wear, 3 soaks, 1 hot wash. [​IMG][​IMG] PRPS, new fit.

14. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

those are fuckin awesome.

looks like theres hardly any stacking?

15. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

those are fuckin awesome.

looks like theres hardly any stacking?

i don't stack them. i double cuff them..