Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Post pics of your denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mike C., May 16, 2005.

1. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 I, Manface

rag & bone rb6-0165, 4 months.

fresh from a crotch repair/reinforcing. hopefully they won't have to be re-repaired.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

just awesome. denim looks great.

2. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

is anyone else just FLOORED by the rag and bone?the fade pattern is so amazing.

my small contribution

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

prps

3. WayneGibbous

WayneGibbous Senior member

is anyone else just FLOORED by the rag and bone?the fade pattern is so amazing. my small contribution [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] prps
    Sweet. I don't much like raw material but these look dope. What color top do you usually go with? IMO it would look nice w/ tan or light browns... And did you have to roll the hem cuz the inseam is too long?

4. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Poly, what's your verdict on the prps? I've always liked the details but was worried the experience would come overpriced (although I know you got them @ a discount through DB). Those combs make the denim look like cardboard. I remember them being stiff in person but not that rigid compared to Jean Shop for example.

Cielo- I'm on the fence. I almost want to put my rb15s into full rotation just because of those photos but they're just so pretty dark.

5. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] I took these photos for the Skrawny 13 collab on SuFu and thought I may as well throw them up. It's KMW Rocker - very nice denim and it's getting a little hairy which is something I like.

6. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Senior member

I know this will precipitate some yaws but they are my fav. They fit like a velvet glove and look great with anything - light or dark. They are over 4 years old and are still in great condition. The original fraying on the knee and thigh have worn into nice frayed holes. The right leg boot slit was torn up the inseam wrestling with my fat boss (doh).

Someone has finally posted a pair of A+F jeans...

7. cielo

cielo Senior member

wow, i didn't expect so much chatter about the rb6s. thanks, guys.

all this talk made me break out the rb11s. they've been sitting in the closet ever since i got the 6s. though they're the same age as the 6s, they are not nearly as "worn". these jeans (and a jacket) lost a battle against battery acid when i swapped car batteries this past winter. hopefully they'll be all patched up come Fall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cielo- I'm on the fence. I almost want to put my rb15s into full rotation just because of those photos but they're just so pretty dark.

yeah, they look good dark. you should just wear them. i don't think they did the 15s in 0165 denim, so they'll stay dark for awhile.

8. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Patch those as minimally as you can. They look better thoroughly beaten.

I wear my rb15s about once or so a week and even then I'm afraid of what's in my pockets. I can already see some lighter shades of gray around the zipper cover and it makes me nervous.

9. jaustin

jaustin Well-Known Member

rag & bone rb6-0165, 4 months.

fresh from a crotch repair/reinforcing. hopefully they won't have to be re-repaired.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those look awesome. What kind of fit is that, and do you know if Rag and Bone have slim bootcut?

Thanks

10. cielo

cielo Senior member

Those look awesome. What kind of fit is that, and do you know if Rag and Bone have slim bootcut? Thanks
    Thanks. The RB6 is a straight leg; I sized down, so it's somewhat slim in the thighs for me. R&B does not make bootcut, only straight/tapered.

11. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

I know this will precipitate some yaws but they are my fav. They fit like a velvet glove and look great with anything - light or dark. They are over 4 years old and are still in great condition. The original fraying on the knee and thigh have worn into nice frayed holes. The right leg boot slit was torn up the inseam wrestling with my fat boss (doh).

what's a yaw? is that a reaction where you say "damn these jeans suck"

12. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

Poly, what's your verdict on the prps? I've always liked the details but was worried the experience would come overpriced (although I know you got them @ a discount through DB). Those combs make the denim look like cardboard. I remember them being stiff in person but not that rigid compared to Jean Shop for example. Cielo- I'm on the fence. I almost want to put my rb15s into full rotation just because of those photos but they're just so pretty dark.
    i think this is the first year of "raw" for prps. They were doing one wash last year. I actually got them a week before the DB sale at deepsleep in philly for about the same price as the DB sale, so no complaints. I initially tried them on w/o much expectations, but the fit is actually really nice, and while the detailing (multicolored buttons, side snaps, etc.) may seem a bit extraneous, I'm a sucker for discrete detailing that sets a brand apart which PRPS does very nicely. The denim is much better than say APC, but can't really compare it to japanese brands quite yet, although the tag read "made from zimbabwe cotton in japan." Personally i feel like they're in the rag and bone field with quality/construction/detailing. I feel like i got a deal, good price, nice fitting jeans. would i pay full retail, probably not. we'll see how these turn out in 6 months or so. [​IMG][​IMG] and yeah, they're rolled until i wash them i think as i don't want them to shrink in the length.

13. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Senior member

Pics of my OKIs. Almost two weeks of wear... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Patch those as minimally as you can. They look better thoroughly beaten.

+1. I'm not a fan of artificially destroyed denim, but authentically destroyed denim is great. With more casual or edgy outfits, I think those would look awesome. Patch them so they don't rip and fall apart, but enjoy the rips and holes. Lots of character.

15. blank

blank Senior member

Assholes. You just made me buy a pair of RB11's.