1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Post pics of your denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mike C., May 16, 2005.

1. BigSur

BigSur Senior member

that looks cool sonick.. I had considered completely removing the pocket stitching on mine.

2. Geowu

Geowu Senior member

that looks like real dirt.

3. sonick

sonick Senior member

that looks like real dirt.
    Yeah, i think it is real dirt. Its like caked on and it does crumble off. I have no idea how to wash these. But the guys at HonestForum assured me I got a really REALLY good deal on 'em. I was lookin for a pair of mainstream jeans anyways.
    Heh, yah I was gonna, but then I thought I'd try and make it look kinda like those japanese levis repro arcuates hehe.

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Yeah, i think it is real dirt. Its like caked on and it does crumble off. I have no idea how to wash these. But the guys at HonestForum assured me I got a really REALLY good deal on 'em. I was lookin for a pair of mainstream jeans anyways. Heh, yah I was gonna, but then I thought I'd try and make it look kinda like those japanese levis repro arcuates hehe.
    Funny, Japanese repro Levi's, then you modify your Levi's to repro the Japanese repros.

5. sonick

sonick Senior member

Funny, Japanese repro Levi's, then you modify your Levi's to repro the Japanese repros.
    Hehe, boggles the mind...

6. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

PC New Standards, 5 weeks, one dry clean at 3 weeks which just about removed all my wrinkling, which forced me to turn to starch.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. gza

gza Senior member

Howies OSD, hang-dried after their second wash, which left them stiff enough to stand on their own. Check out how, when viewed from the inside, the honeycombs are defined by indigo staining of the weft threads rather than fading of the warp threads.
    [​IMG]

8. Pasty

Pasty New Member

[​IMG]

I'd post more, but my camera's battery died on me. These have been worn for 4 days.

9. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

Bought these Full Count from Ahaz (thanks dude!)

Ironically, they fit me better than the Sugarcanes or Eternals I bought through bid-service. The cut is more straight up-and-down without the flared hips and seat typical of so many 501 repros.

Sorry about the crap pictures. Maybe I'll clean my mirror some day.

[​IMG][​IMG]

These are not as dark, heavy-feeling or slubby as the Eternals, but the Zimbabwe cotton is amazingly soft and comfortable. It's not the same feel as 5EP's weave, but it is similar in that it is very comfortable and has an unexpectedly fine feel to it. I wish I could describe it better. These are nice jeans.

10. digital_denim

digital_denim Senior member

Nice fit tangerine. What model are those?

11. horriblyjollyjinx

horriblyjollyjinx Senior member

tangerine, those fit you really really well! I'm guessing that your other jeans will have to take the backseat now [​IMG] Your pics made these climb higher on my want-list. The fit looks kind of like new standards with a slightly higher rise. I like the two-tone stitching a lot. nice purchase! those are 1108s, I'm quite sure. measurements here if you're thinking of buying a pair http://www.fullcount.co.jp/cgi-bin/_...8&_brand=BASIC

12. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

Nice! You're all pimped out now, Tangerine.

That criss-crossed arcuate makes me want to jump, jump.

13. Ahaz

Ahaz Senior member

Agreed, those fit you really well. It's amazing how much better they can look on you than they did on me. Are you going to keep them soft like they are, or do you plan to starch?

14. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

'jinx, good call, they are the 1108. I would say that on me, the fit is between my APC NS (which are only medium-tight on me) and my Slim Jims. Yes, they are going to get a lot of wear!

Ahaz, I'm gonna keep them the way they are. Those pics were taken right after I put them on; after a few hours of wear, some nice creases were already setting in. And I'm too lazy to starch, anyway. [​IMG]

15. beefcake

beefcake Senior member

Hi, thought I'd post pics of the '06 Nudie straight sven dry selvage after a bit of wear, as noone else has... two months old: http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bakligg4if.jpg back, on the ground http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ramligg8av.jpg close up front, on the ground http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?im...amligg23bl.jpg front, on the ground http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?im...dastand5cm.jpg side worn standing http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=standbak2yz.jpg back worn standing http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?i...andfram6kr.jpg front worn standing edit: I'd really like to see pics of this model (or the limited edition) from someone else who has worn them for a longer time, if possible. I'm very very curious as to how they will turn out, or atleast wear, over a little longer period of time. Thanks!

16. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

Yo, beefcake! Them jeans are lookin good. I think you should still hold off a little longer on washing them. Or just dry clean them. I would post pics of mine, but my digicam was eaten by my dog.

17. The Grapist

The Grapist Senior member

New pictures of my Sewns after I accidently spilled some coffee on them last night and needed to get them washed ASAP. And my Sugarcanes should be in tomorrow! Yay! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] 12 weeks, two necessary washes.

18. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

which canes did you get?

19. The Grapist

The Grapist Senior member

which canes did you get?

'47 unwashed. Someone was selling an unworn pair on Superfuture in my size for dirt cheap. [​IMG]

20. BigSur

BigSur Senior member

New pictures of my Sewns after I accidently spilled some coffee on them last night and needed to get them washed ASAP. And my Sugarcanes should be in tomorrow! Yay!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12 weeks, two necessary washes.

Those look nice; really worn for 12 weeks.
    Were those completely dry, or the predistressed kind?