• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by advan031
m84091519.jpg

m84091541.jpg

For what length of time
have you faded these trousers?
Honeycombed glory!

GWHiZiTSPHiL

Reaction score
6 months. took it for a swim yesterday followed by a 30 minute cold soak. it was also dry cleaned at 4 months.

2.gif

1.gif

Ahaz

Reaction score
How in the world did you get honeycombing that high up? How tall are you, and what's the inseam on those?

They look good, just weird placing on that.

GWHiZiTSPHiL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahaz
How in the world did you get honeycombing that high up? How tall are you, and what's the inseam on those?

They look good, just weird placing on that.

honestly, i don't know how that happened. i'm a small guy, 5'4" and the inseam is 32".

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GWHiZiTSPHiL
honestly, i don't know how that happened. i'm a small guy, 5'4" and the inseam is 32".
32" would be too much for someone 5'4" so I suspect you tried stacking them by the looks of the heel fading. If you were to remove those 3-4" from the bottom, then the honeycombs would look proportional.

GWHiZiTSPHiL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
32" would be too much for someone 5'4" so I suspect you tried stacking them by the looks of the heel fading. If you were to remove those 3-4" from the bottom, then the honeycombs would look proportional.
they look great stacked, i don't need to remove 3-4". it may not look proportional stand-alone but obviously it has to when worn. also, the heel-fading is just from walking around the house w/o shoes. my jeans don't drag over my shoes.

J_M

Reaction score
This is my first post. After reading the forum for a long time I finally had a chance to take some pictures, and post them here. I discovered selvage denim fairly recently. I was reading Ayn's blog and it was his description and pictures that made me do some research, and purchase my first pair.

This is the first pair I purchased:

Fullcount 1108 size 31/34

Fullcount_1108_front.jpg
Fullcount_1108_back.jpg

The next one was the Iron Heart 634S size 32/34

Iron_Heart_634S_front.jpg
Iron_Heart_634S_back.jpg

And finally my last pair:

5EP LDB rigid size 31/34

I managed to buy it from the deadstock sale. I hesitated at first but don't regret it. The denim feel and quality are first class, the fit a little less so, but the price was right.

5EP_LDB_rigid_front.jpg
5EP_LDB_rigid_back.jpg

I apologize for the quality of the pictures; obviously the colors are not true to life as my lighting was a lot less than perfect. To give you another idea about the fit, I am 5'11"/168lbs (180cm/ 76kg)

Jerry

Ahaz

Reaction score
The Fullcounts look like they were made for you. Good choice and good job on picking the perfect size!

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by J_M
And finally my last pair:

5EP LDB rigid size 31/34

I managed to buy it from the deadstock sale. I hesitated at first but don't regret it. The denim feel and quality are first class, the fit a little less so, but the price was right.

5EP_LDB_rigid_front.jpg
5EP_LDB_rigid_back.jpg

I apologize for the quality of the pictures; obviously the colors are not true to life as my lighting was a lot less than perfect. To give you another idea about the fit, I am 5'11"/168lbs (180cm/ 76kg)

Jerry

Great first post.

To be honest, I think the 5EPs are the best fitting of the ones you've shown, but perhaps because I feel like they're giving you the least amount of wedgie.
laugh.gif

Dexstar

Reaction score
Skull 5010xx 6x6 one wash About 4.5 months of wear One wash at 3 months Front Back Honeycombs Knee

checkermate

Reaction score
Rotating between these two. The fading on the nudies esp. is a lot better than the pictures show. Nudie RRDS One warm soak (30+ days wear)
DSCN1187.JPG
DSCN1188.JPG
The coin pocket is starting to develop some tearing because of the knife. Kicking Mule Workshop 2010 (almost 2 wks wear)
DSCN1189.JPG
DSCN1190.JPG
I personally don't like how the denim is considerably thicker than the nudies. The creases take longer to develop and theres a lot of indigo that needs to be rubbed off for fading. However I think the indigo will turn out better than the nudies. I also don't like how the coin pocket is so thin..dont' want to risk putting anything in there.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Dex, Skulls look
thumbs-up.gif

Grifters too, espec. after only two and a half months.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads