1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Post pics of your denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mike C., May 16, 2005.

1. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

My APC Standard's, a bit over a month old. [​IMG]

2. Geowu

Geowu Senior member

nice... mine (unisex APC) are a bit over a month old too. [​IMG] [​IMG] the color is not falling very much tho. Did you do something special on them?

3. brooklyn

brooklyn Senior member

I was thinking of picking up a pair of APC jeans this weekend. In the month that you had them how often did you wear them?

4. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

I've been wearing them almost everyday. After work I just change into them, wear them all weekend long, out to bars and stuff. I'm also deliberatly trying to wear them hard.

I've also bought the finest grit sandpaper I could find, and lightly sand over the creases. I've stopped doing this though.

Right now, they are really dirty and I'm very anxious to get the first wash or a dry clean at least.

5. brooklyn

brooklyn Senior member

thanks for the info?

How do the jeans fit? Do they taper? how do they fit in the seat? legs?

6. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

There are plenty of other threads on fit. Let's please keep this one focused on pics.

7. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

both your jeans are looking great. wish I had a camera.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Ditto on both points. Would love to post the progress of my Corpus (my project at the moment) as well as my other, customized jeans - customized because they needed repair - they were frayed/ripped/worn out, etc...

9. ken

ken Senior member

My roomate just got a job at Best Buy followed by a whole bunch of cool gadgets, including a camera. So I thought I'd try it out. Here's the jeans that I can't give up because they fit too darn well, even though I probably should: [​IMG] A patch done well: [​IMG] Some messier ones because I was in a hurry to put them on and go out: [​IMG] Wore out the heels, so I just stuck some new ones on there. That was a long time ago. It looks like garbage and the thread doesn't blend. I'm gonna redo them: [​IMG] The original flare was huge so I cut some width off and redid the seam. All this is done by hand because I got these jeans after my machine kicked the bucket: [​IMG] And in his euphoria of new-camera excitement, my roomate took a picture of me in action (one of the crotch holes, just a couple days ago): [​IMG] That camera is fun. I might put up some of my other jeans with cooler patches and embroidery and stuff, from when I had my sewing machine. For a reference point, the jeans were washed when I got them, much darker than they are now, and didn't have any fade- or whisker- finishing.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

For those who might be asking, my guess is that those are Jake Agave Jeans, probably originally in the Cowboy cut. Can't tell the wash since they've been so washed out, but from Ken's description, I vote for the Cortez wash/material

11. VMan

VMan Senior member

I second the fact they are Agave, as can be seen in the 'A' stitching detail on the back.

Awesome work on the patch job, I really like how that looks.

12. ken

ken Senior member

They are Agaves, but I don't think they're the Cowboy cut. I tried on a pair the other day (because I really want to replace these jeans), and they fit a little different. But maybe they changed the cut in the past couple years.

13. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

14. petescolari

petescolari Senior member

[​IMG] These are my APC English from 4 years ago. Â They are a little bit light here in the pic due to the flash on my camera. I have only had my new ones for a month or so and are not much different from MikeC's and are not worth posting a pic yet.

15. Charles Rogers

Charles Rogers Senior member

They look really great- How'd you do your washings? And ken, those jeans are the hotness, don't ever give them up. I want to see the rest.

16. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

My Nudie RR dry selvedge after moderate use for 6 months and one wash. Â The wear marks were accentuated by using a chopped up piece of denim that was soaked in hot water and then rubbed whilst wearing the jeans (edit: effect also accentuated by rubbing damp hands on the jeans.). The back of the knee was also treated the same way: [​IMG] [​IMG] Here are some jeans that are in various stages of wearing: 1) Evisus from the back. Left has been used 1 month and is a RHT, Right has been used 3 months and then washed, LHT [​IMG] From the front (L to R): Denime 66 type, Evisu RHT, Evisu LHT [​IMG] 2) Clockwise starting from the bottom: 45RPM Aihiko, Denime, LVC 501 (1947), LVC 501 (1933): [​IMG] I don't have any pictures from the rear since the camera I borrowed had only a 8mb card in it and I didn't have the software.....

17. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Cold wash?

18. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

(T4phage @ May 18 2005,04:35) My Nudie RR dry selvedge after moderate use for 6 months and one wash. Â
    Cold wash?
    Tepid wash.... the water became a nasty bruise colour: browns, greens, blues.... [​IMG] At least it was easy to clean the tub compared to Levis or Denimes.

19. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

Does the first wash accentuate the wear, and does it prevent further wear? I'm working in a pair of APCs and it seems to be going painfully slowly.

Dan

20. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

The first wash definitely accentuates the wear, especially if you was it in hot water. Will it slow down the rate of wear, I would think so since you would have washed off a lot of the indigo dye that was sitting on the very top surface of the fabric... RingRing/LA Guy/Brian SD would know better.