Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Post photos of your media room!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Artisan Fan, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

There was an emerging home theater discussion on the cribs thread so I thought it might merit a new discussion since these things can go off in another direction...I'm curious to see what media rooms like home theaters and stereo listening rooms members here might have. I'm still working on my home theater room (just a TV away...) but here is my listening room:

[​IMG]

2. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

There was an emerging home theater discussion on the cribs thread so I thought it might merit a new discussion since these things can go off in another direction...I'm curious to see what media rooms like home theaters and stereo listening rooms members here might have. I'm still working on my home theater room (just a TV away...) but here is my listening room:

[​IMG]

Magnepans? Is your speaker wire elevated from the ground? Cool room.

3. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

4. Artisan Fan

Maggie 1.6QRs..very neutral speaker with lots of presence. Audio Research tube electronics, Sony SCD-777ES SACD player and VPI Scoutmaster turntable. Cardas cables, mostly Golded Reference.

I need to get some LP shelving made. I will be meeting next week with a neighbor who is an expert craftsman. We are going to use a solid black walnut.

Keeping the cables off the ground helps sonically. I will be replacing the cups soon with notched wood blocks.

5. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

I have a media room? Oh, that must be the living room.

I think if your speakers were just a little bit larger it would be perfect.

6. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

People really have whole separate rooms devoted to media? Whatever happened to a big-ass television in the living room?

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Well, to be honest, mine is my bedroom. [​IMG]

9. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe it's an illusion but is your desk bending in under the weight? That could be bad..

10. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Maybe it's an illusion but is your desk bending in under the weight? That could be bad..

I think its an illusion.

11. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

People really have whole separate rooms devoted to media? Whatever happened to a big-ass television in the living room?

I think you've been in Tokyo for too long. Lots of people have rooms dedicated to listening or home theater. When I have a house I fully intend to have a room in the basement dedicated to home theater and I will put a good 2-channel setup in the family room... And of course, there would be the tv in the living room as well.

AF, you don't really believe that bringing your cables up off the ground makes a difference sonically, do you?

12. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I think its an illusion.

haha that's funny. It's barrel distortion from your lens though.

13. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

AF, you don't really believe that bringing your cables up off the ground makes a difference sonically, do you?
    He doesn't believe in global warming, but he does believe in the power of styrofoam...

14. Artisan Fan

It does on my stereo. Audio cables are pretty susceptible to environmental factors like RFI and EMI and the cups also help avoid the AC cabling I run under some of the rugs. Try it sometime!

15. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

It does on my stereo. Audio cables are pretty susceptible to environmental factors like RFI and EMI and the cups also help avoid the AC cabling I run under some of the rugs. Try it sometime!

It may have an effect if you're running AC cables directly underneath your audio lines, but what difference could having them an inch or two above the ground make with environmental radiation?