• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post O'Alls

Shorty Long

Reaction score

I just picked up a lane cord mattalini jacket, and I swear it's my favorite item I own. The detailing is marsupialed (the good marsupialed).

Mind me asking where you got it?

Hatch&Whisk

Reaction score
happy to see a thread about these guys. i have a pair of the floral shorts from S/S2011 and i get compliments on them every day i wear them. the fabric is amazing, the fit is amazing, and the detailing is... amazing. i really have no complaints about them other than the fact that i only have one pair

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, I am 6'2+ and have come to the same conclusion about the short arms. I need around 26" to not look ridiculous. If I fit Post O'alls to arm size, they are way too loose. I cannot roll. It just kills me tho because they are nice pieces.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You gotta roll. I forgive them for the short sleeves and roll 'em. Favorite shirts.

Mark Robinson

Reaction score
Tried on some pieces last weekend in Present London, you're right on the detailing and the short sleeves. Luckily for me I'm only 5"11 and they seem to fit just right to my wrist. Would like to see more imagery of products released from them, but suppose you can't have it all ...

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love their designs and details but the fits just don't work for me. Once I get something that fits in the chest/shoulders it ends up being absolutely huge in the body. And the sleeves are short too, especially on some of their outerwear. Too bad as I like their shirting a lot but I'll stick with EG which tends to fit me much better.

ekstra

Reaction score
I am 5 10 and the sleeves are perfect. I've heard this complaint before with Post, but I like wearing the jacket over a button down. I can then show a little cuff and still flex those awesome post cuffs with the angled stitching and the chunky buttons on the engineer.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody own an Engineers jacket?

Thinking of picking one up.

IndependenceChi

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

We currently have our SS12 Post O'alls merchandise at 50% off today through Sunday!

Current stock is as follows:

Engineers Jacket - indigo 10oz denim - Sml, Med

Engineers Jacket - blue southern chambray - Sml

Royal Travler Vest - khaki pima poplin - Xsm, Lrg

Covert Cruiser Vest - Grey - Sml, Med, Lrg

Post-R Shirt - blue southern chambray - Sml, Med

Engineers Shirt - khaki pima poplin - Sml, Med,

Sweet Lighter Supreme shirt - red, white, blue check - Lrg

S/S End on End Engineers Shirt - Blue - Med

S/S End on End Engineers Shirt - Grape - Sml, Lrg

Vintage Calico Menpolini Shorts - oxblood - Sml, Med

Contact us for pricing and inquires (312) 675-2105 or [email protected]

Best,
Joel

Last edited:

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up the Post-R shirt in the Southern Chambray from Joel to match my Royal Traveler in Engineer's Jacket. Still some good deals left.

On another note, Extra-NYC has had their webshop online for several months now: http://www.extra-nyc.com/shop/

Some pics from my tumblr:

tumblr_m33n2zwOgy1qzec7yo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m6eg32fcew1qzec7yo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m79rsdLrzY1qzec7yo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m0tz5uAo2b1qzec7yo1_400.jpg

tumblr_m0tz3uxBv91qzec7yo1_400.jpg

tumblr_m28e0hqqMq1qzec7yo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m3bbog0pyy1qzec7yo1_500.jpg

Koji from Extra-NYC
tumblr_m1ywpkhyGq1qzec7yo1_500.jpg

Mr. ts(s) and Mr. Post Overalls
tumblr_ly5zd74okm1qzh9imo1_500.jpg

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish Post O'alls wasn't so short in the damn arms.

himself

Reaction score
was really upset to have missed out on the multi-stripe engineer jacket in medium - if anyone has one to get rid of... or know where i can find one, let me know.

MyAcademy

Reaction score
Are there shots of the upcoming Royal Traveler vests floating around? Didn't notice any in the smattering of Pitti photos that have been posted.

I emailed Post to see what materials would be available, and they only mentioned cotton twill hitting the usual retailers in a few weeks - no mention of colors or alternate fabrics.

Been trying to hunt down a small denim/chambray traveler at a reasonable price domestically for a little while, and I want to make sure I don't miss out if something particularly rad is coming out in the immediate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads