• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Possible to pull this off?

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
butch.jpg

Hair and a stache like this? I think it's fuckin' badass.

shademore

Reaction score
Do you now or have you ever worn "the Stache"?

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shademore
Do you now or have you ever worn "the Stache"?

Nope, but I know I'm capable of growing one. My facial hair grows in pretty thick.

I've gone clean shaven and buzzcut since I was about 15. It's time to try something new.

shademore

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TKJTG
Nope, but I know I'm capable of growing one. My facial hair grows in pretty thick.

I've gone clean shaven and buzzcut since I was about 15. It's time to try something new.

Do it. I've been rockin "the Stache" for a few years now. I can't do the hair though, bugs me if I feel like its got a mind of its own and I have to comb the animal into submission. I go super tight up top, #1 buzz. Women dig it and it pisses dudes off. Too much fun...

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks very handsome.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It very much depends. Once, I went for a couple of days with a 'stache. But from the get go it was clear I looked like a bus driver and police man wrapped into one. I doubt anyone thought it cool.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by airportlobby
Let's see, do you look like Robert Redford?

Exactly.
laugh.gif

You have to be handsome in the first place.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 70's Appreciation star mustache is starting to make a comeback and I have seen it in several forms of new media. Do it if you can. Do not do it if you have a weak chin.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, here's what I look like.

dscn2208q.jpg

shademore

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
The 70's Appreciation star mustache is starting to make a comeback and I have seen it in several forms of new media. Do it if you can. Do not do it if you have a weak chin.

207108-eyes_moustache-1.jpg

Good taste and "the Stache" are timeless...

BTW is that a fake stache?

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The stache is hard to pull off. On the other hand, if it doesn't work. it's easily remedied. Try it, what's to lose?

tunnelrat

Reaction score
In my opinion, unless you're an old man or a really handsome one (Redford-like) or cool as hell, you'll look weird with it.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you can pull it off. That's awesome. I can't grow a stache like that. My upper lip is too short.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads