• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Possible fake zegna suit?

rabbiluongo

Reaction score
A while back a picked up a really mint zegna suit out thrifting, and taking a good look at it, i have a feeling it might be fake (albeit a a very high quality fake). Firstly, the quality is excellent and appears to be up to real zegna standards. The fabric is great, the stitching is immaculate, very nice, subtle pic stitching around the lapel and on the edges of the lining, and the pinch test reveals that it is fully front canvassed. On the other hand, the E in Ermenegildo appears to be of the infamous blocky variety, though it appears the lines MIGHT be extending left as they should be (i cant tell the way its on there) and there is no fabric tag (though i am certain it is in fact 100% wool). Do I have a legit zegna or is it just a very high quality fake?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

) and there is no fabric tag (though i am certain it is in fact 100% wool).

Do you mean there is no additional fabric tag? Material should be listed on the normal in pocket tag. IIRC only special fabrics get a separate label. So trofeo etc. I can't remember if the basic fabrics would have a wool label

rabbiluongo

Reaction score
Do you mean there is no additional fabric tag? Material should be listed on the normal in pocket tag. IIRC only special fabrics get a separate label. So trofeo etc. I can't remember if the basic fabrics would have a wool label
thats what i meant, sorry, there isnt a pocket tag. anyway, heres a picture of the label.

rabbiluongo

Reaction score
sorry, thats what i meant. there is no pocket tag. anyway, heres the label

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pictures needed of garment and all the labels.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it's a Japanese super fake?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.