• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Possible counterfeit Kiton and Attolini garments on eBay

montenapoleone

Reaction score
Not all products obviously, but certainly a large amount sold on eBay may be counterfeit and perhaps sellers are not even aware of that.

Based on my knowledge and experiences doing business directly with Italian manufacturers, Kiton and Attolini do not sell left over stocks for sure. May not go in specific details due to my position as an international trader, but there are some illegal producers in Southern Italy where they label garments with world's icon names to sell specifically in stock-lots to foreign buyers only.

Just think about it, such an expensive brand would never allow to sell thousands of their products on eBay, which may jeopardize their reputation and image, so this explains all.

Not all garments are fake of course, but I do advice to all customers to be aware of this and before purchasing to retrieve some detailed information.
Does it come from a boutique/store or private jobber?
Which boutique/store (if they will give you such information)

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not all products obviously, but certainly a large amount sold on eBay may be counterfeit and perhaps sellers are not even aware of that.

Based on my knowledge and experiences doing business directly with Italian manufacturers, Kiton and Attolini do not sell left over stocks for sure. May not go in specific details due to my position as an international trader, but there are some illegal producers in Southern Italy where they label garments with world's icon names to sell specifically in stock-lots to foreign buyers only.

Just think about it, such an expensive brand would never allow to sell thousands of their products on eBay, which may jeopardize their reputation and image, so this explains all.

Not all garments are fake of course, but I do advice to all customers to be aware of this and before purchasing to retrieve some detailed information.
Does it come from a boutique/store or private jobber?
Which boutique/store (if they will give you such information)

I figured all NWT suits came from jobbers just by looking at the price.

Last edited:

LS7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

montenapoleone

Reaction score
Well folks, I really cared to share such information with you. It is quite disturbing and unnerving, knowing that innocent people are fooled everyday.

Just be a smart buyer, not all products on eBay are fake, perhaps just a small amount but you need to do your studies before buying.

Cedric

Reaction score
Not surprised.
Be careful with Diesel jeans as well...

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not surprised.
Be careful with Diesel jeans as well...

Ah, yes. One should avoid Diesel jeans because they could be knockoffs. That's the reason to avoid them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads