• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Portugal Shopping Experience; Unbelievable Values! Cheap Carmina's and Brioni!

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Recently got back from Portugal and got some great stuff. I highly recommend it as a place to visit if you want SF-priced goods.

Highlights (all NWT):

Suede Carmina oxfords for $190 (yes, dollars!)
Brioni SC for $300
Zegna and Corneliani SCs for $120.
Pal Zileri ties for $12 each
Pal Zileri Sartoriale linen SC for $200
3 goodyear welted shoes and a brown suede belt from Nunes Correa for $120 total.

It's a beautiful country with great food and people!

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Portugal is a big country...where were you?

Last edited:

Monklx

Reaction score

Hi guys,
Recently got back from Portugal and got some great stuff. I highly recommend it as a place to visit if you want SF-priced goods.
Highlights (all NWT):
Brioni SC for $300
3 goodyear welted shoes and a brown suede belt from Nunes Correa for $120 total.

Hi! What store did you visit, brand stores?

af1snaikboi

Reaction score
Yeah, care to share where you shopped? Not really a point in this thread unless you can suggest a few spots.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys,
Highlights (all NWT):
Brioni SC for $300

Please share the store details. But due to Portugal's financial situations ; I doubt they are the real deals. In poor countries luxury goods costs more than developed countries. Becos there simply won't be enough buyers for them to survive unless they charge you higher premiums. Honestly I will only believe this if the op can provide details and the stores has website where you check for prices. Come on ....corner stores don't stock Brionies.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Goodyear welted shoes were from Nuno Correa. The store was packed with tourists when I walked in; i got a pair of monks and 2 brogues (black and bordeaux). 30 euros each.

The Pal Zileri stuff was at a department store called Ingles Cortes. I missed the Zegna sale, but they had summer clearance on Zileri, Boss, Faconnable and Hackett. The carminas are from this store as well. They also had Santoni shoes on sale for that price.

The Corneliani and Brioni stuff was from a small boutique in downtown Lisbon (dont remember name)I found the store through Corneliani's website.

The Pal Zileri items were definitely the best value.

I also found a Dunhill store that had their suits at 50% off (almost picked up one of their Zegna made suits but didn't know if they were canvassed).

And to clarify, one reason the prices are so cheap is that tourists are exempted from their VAT, which is a very high 23%. So if an item is half off from 100 down to 50, you also get a reduction of 11.50, bringing the total to 39.50. And if that wasnt enough, Cortes ingles also knocks off an additional 10% for tourists (you have to show passport).

And one last observation: the base prices are lower to begin with. The new fall season Corneliani suits I saw were 1000 euros at full price. In North America the regular prices are generally higher due to import duties.

So if you're ever in Lisbon, I recommend you visit Cortes Ingles (they also stock Church's) and Nuno Correia.

I'll post pics of the shoes I picked up.

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE[/QUOTE]
Please share the store details. But due to Portugal's financial situations ; I doubt they are the real deals. In poor countries luxury goods costs more than developed countries. Becos there simply won't be enough buyers for them to survive unless they charge you higher premiums. Honestly I will only believe this if the op can provide details and the stores has website where you check for prices. Come on ....corner stores don't stock Brionies.

Portugal is an EU country, which means it belongs to the common market. So although it is poor compared to its neighbors, I wouldn't classify it as poor. Also keep in mind tourists are exempted from the VAT.

The store with the Brioni also stocks Corneliani. Found it on Corneliani's website. It's on Rua Augusta and down the street from Nunes Correia. And to clarify, the SCs I mentioned were at clearance prices, not regular.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not speaking about Portugal but here in Italy during the seasonal sales those prices including VAT aren't that unusual at outlets. Truth this late in the season those prices are on the higher side then the too low side.

The problem is finding something you like.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Goodyear welted shoes were from Nuno Correa. The store was packed with tourists when I walked in; i got a pair of monks and 2 brogues (black and bordeaux). 30 euros each.
The Pal Zileri stuff was at a department store called Ingles Cortes. I missed the Zegna sale, but they had summer clearance on Zileri, Boss, Faconnable and Hackett. The carminas are from this store as well. They also had Santoni shoes on sale for that price.
The Corneliani and Brioni stuff was from a small boutique in downtown Lisbon (dont remember name)I found the store through Corneliani's website.
The Pal Zileri items were definitely the best value.
I also found a Dunhill store that had their suits at 50% off (almost picked up one of their Zegna made suits but didn't know if they were canvassed).
And to clarify, one reason the prices are so cheap is that tourists are exempted from their VAT, which is a very high 23%. So if an item is half off from 100 down to 50, you also get a reduction of 11.50, bringing the total to 39.50. And if that wasnt enough, Cortes ingles also knocks off an additional 10% for tourists (you have to show passport).
And one last observation: the base prices are lower to begin with. The new fall season Corneliani suits I saw were 1000 euros at full price. In North America the regular prices are generally higher due to import duties.
So if you're ever in Lisbon, I recommend you visit Cortes Ingles (they also stock Church's) and Nuno Correia.
I'll post pics of the shoes I picked up.

Their Zegna made stuff is canvassed. Usually those with the common zegna makers tag (armani collezoni, Tom Ford, Dunhill, gucci, etc) are made in zegna's main factory on the border of switzerland/italy.
Thanks for the heads up btw, i always wanted to visit portugal now i have a reason too! Was this a seasonal sale?

Gorecki

Reaction score

As a Portuguese i dont even know where to start...

palmface....

Also, the Store he talks about Nunes Correa has online store (prices not as atractive as on premise but still pretty good)

http://www.nunescorrea.com/home?LangChange=EN

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Their Zegna made stuff is canvassed. Usually those with the common zegna makers tag (armani collezoni, Tom Ford, Dunhill, gucci, etc) are made in zegna's main factory on the border of switzerland/italy.
Thanks for the heads up btw, i always wanted to visit portugal now i have a reason too! Was this a seasonal sale?

I think it was their spring/summer clear out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads