1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Portland Street Leather

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by easy_golfing, Jan 14, 2013.

1. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

Has anybody ordered from Portland Street Leather? I'm interested in getting a wallet and want to check if anybody has any experiences with him? I tried Hughes Low but I'm not able to get a response from him and have read the same here.

Some of his work: http://portlandstreet.tumblr.com/

2. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I've ordered a ready-made credit-card wallet from Portland St Leather, and it is excellent.

I'm intending to order an MTO wallet and possibly a key wallet in the near future, although I'm unsure as to whether I should choose sharkskin, ostrich or crocodile. The croc does cost more, of course.

When I contacted Gavin, he did comment that he hadn't been updating the blog much lately as he'd been so busy with commissions.

Gavin was very prompt in responding to e-mails and very helpful in discussing various options (hides, styles of wallets, pricing and so on).

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  3. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

Sweet, care to share some pics?

4. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Here's the credit card wallet, made from reindeer leather, as well as my other "daily carry" items:

[​IMG]

5. noblecustom

noblecustom Member

6. SnowKING

SnowKING Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if he hand stitches using saddle stitch method

7. Averroes1198

Averroes1198 Senior member

Anybody recent experiences lately?

8. Liber

Liber Senior member

9. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

He's a member here and goes by the name @luk-cha, I have one of his baby croc SCCW wallets and love it.

[​IMG]

10. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Yes, you can still use that address.

I've bought a couple of things from Portland St Leather previously and so I e-mailed Gavin (Luk-cha) a while back to ask about getting something else. He wrote back to let me know that he's too busy to run Portland St Leather anymore, so he's given it up for the time being. However, he does have some small leather goods left so if you e-mail him, when he has a chance in a few weeks' time, he might be able to let you know what's left over. Unfortunately, though, he's not doing made-to-order wallets and leather goods anymore.