1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Portland Dry Goods [OFFICIAL] Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Portland Dry Goods, May 15, 2012.

1. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    Wanted to pass this along for anyone nearby this weekend! Come learn how to re-wax your favorite Filson gear with our rep.

[​IMG]

2. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

Can you please roll in a Palace Diner Fried Chicken Friday Saturday with this? If so, I'll just be there the whole day.

3. Portland Dry Goods

honestly FCF should be available at the shop every friday. dreaming big today.

4. Portland Dry Goods

Summer Sneakers

Some things to take a look at on our web shop:

Seavees

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Premium Californian canvas styles - the Hermosa Plimsol we just received uses a linen canvas rather than 100% cotton, which naturally makes it more breathable and gives it a subtle texture. We find Seavees' lasts to be a bit sleeker than competitors (vans comes to mind), and we've had a good experience with the brand over the years that we've stocked their products. sub $100 means the price to try them isn't all that bad.

Karhu

[​IMG]

We had a great release with the Karhu Synchron OG and nearly sold out, so we restocked some key sizes where we could. We've also received another color way, the Synchron Navy.

Lastly, we've marked down our Adidas selection from earlier in the spring. if you've been eyeing anything on the web there, take another look and make sure you lock your size in at 30% off.

down the road we'll have a few more footwear options, notably from Rancourt. excited to update you guys on that once we have them!

5. Portland Dry Goods

More footwear updates for you guys:

Our first half of our Rancourt delivery is in. Some womens, a new boat shoe style (more details to come), and restocked beefrolls in Olive. we're still waiting on our Kudu to those of you who have been checking in, I'm as excited as you are to get them!

In the meantime, we have a very special product we put together with Waltzing Matilda USA. Limited size run, made by hand and signed by the maker - deck shoes sewn from salvaged swedish military bags. These are available in store and on the web now

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

We're trying to be the best destination for Handsewns in the world, so I hope you enjoy what we've got in store for you for the future!

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Speaking of footwear:

[​IMG]

Rancourt Kudu mocs

7. Portland Dry Goods

Here's our Rancourt rundown for the summer!

In other news, seasonal sale will begin very soon. like... very very soon. naturally these will not be marked down, but many of our spring / summer styles will be 40% off so keep an eye out.

Best,

D.O.

8. nickpapagiorgio

nickpapagiorgio Senior member

Can anyone who's worn the unlined Kudu speak to how warm/cool it wears, such as whether it's warmer/cooler than your typical smooth, lined leather boat shoe?

9. Portland Dry Goods

The kudu is the most comfortable upper leather I've ever handled. I'd say it runs cooler than any lined shoe, and most other leathers. that being said, I've worn mine year round so long as there was no snow and ice on the ground. surely I'm a tad biased but I truly love the camp moccs I grabbed for myself.

in other news;

10. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

When are you expecting your EG shipment?

11. Portland Dry Goods

wanted to publicly address this even though we chatted earlier, since I'm sure plenty of people are waiting on new EG:

we should be seeing our first delivery as early as this week; I'm pushing to make sure its within August at the very least. I'll be posting our first rundown on here and on the EG thread as soon as we see it in shop!

1 person likes this.
  12. Portland Dry Goods

Reigning Champ Fall Delivery 1

Anyone with some familiarity with our shop will immediately understand our excitement with Reigning Champ's seasonal color this Fall. pretty strait forward stuff here, though I wanted to mention that the Diamond terry fabric is incredibly soft - I snagged a pair of the shorts and now I find myself looking forward to laundry day just so i can wear them right out of the dryer again.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Diamond Terry

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Midweight Terry

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Ringspun Jersey

There is also replenished stock in Reigning Champ basics, though these fly and we may be down on sizes again. you can see all of our Reigning Champ sweats here

13. Portland Dry Goods

It's Columbus Day Weekend, so we set up a modest coupon code for our shop. Does not pertain to a handful of our perennial brands, but you can save 20% on many new arrivals and a handful of core brands. If I were you guys i'd use the code to pick up one of the in house flannels, made at New England Shirt Co. Just enter "THREEBOATS" at checkout.

[​IMG]

if you have any questions, or want to use the code for something that isn't available to purchase directly online, please email us (portlanddrygoods@gmail.com) or - ideally - call the shop (1-207-699-5575) - I'll be out in the woods today so I won't be able to see PMs until later this evening.

Have a good weekend everyone!

14. nickpapagiorgio

nickpapagiorgio Senior member

Any chance of a restock in the unlined Kudu suede beefroll loafer?

15. Portland Dry Goods

Hope so, they're easily the best summer shoes we've run. that being said I don't foresee a fall re-up (even though i wear them year round)

perhaps spring/summer 2017?

16. Portland Dry Goods

We're starting to ramp up the insulation for Winter. check out these gloves by Hestra, a Swedish family business that seems to be picking up a lot of steam in the states. This is our second year with them, and we've doubled down on styles. Just this week a few of our options have made it up on the site (which we are slowly redoing, so pardon any surprise downtime).

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Utsjo - Elk Leather, Thinsulate Lining

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Deerskin Lambfur Mitt - Deerskin Shell, Shearling Lining

Lots more in the shop, so if these don't catch your eye (The Utsjo is my favorite), I might be able to track down something specific.

17. Americanaaa

Americanaaa Senior member

how warm are the elk leather ones for riding? I'm in the market for leather riding gloves but for winter riding.

18. Portland Dry Goods

I'm hoping to pick a pair up for myself this year to field test, but my guess is they should be pretty solid! They've got some primaloft insulation between the fleece and the elk, which adds a lot of warmth but doesn't puff them up like goose down would.

19. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Mittens look great too! Shearling is going to be cozy.

20. Americanaaa

Americanaaa Senior member

Yea I caved and got a pair. Will report back with impressions.

1 person likes this.