1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Portland Dry Goods [OFFICIAL] Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Portland Dry Goods, May 15, 2012.

1. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I get up there once a month or so for business and stop by PDG every so often. Great store, I've picked up a handful of EG pieces over the years.

Couple of spots that haven't been mentioned (from a non-local):

Benkay, Sushi
    Nosh Kitchen, burger
    Bard, Coffee
    Crema, Coffee

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  2. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

Crema is no longer. Was bought by Ancora, and (imho) isn't nearly as good, but that could all be in my head.

Benkay is really darn average sushi, and in a town with so many great options, it strikes me as a shame to go there. If you want cheap and surprisingly fresh sushi, go to King of the Roll (zero ambience, but cheap/fresh). If you want to go all out, go to Miyake (the full restaurant, not Pai Men...the noodle bar). Yosaku is also really good. All 3 are walkable, with King of the Roll being the farthest away (10 blocks?).

Nosh is good, but I really don't like their burger (part ham, part beef to make it a "hamburger"...get it?!). That said, they make an amazing pork belly reuben, and make some kickass cheese curds, so if you're looking for high quality "disco food," they're certainly worth a stop.

Sorry to bog down this thread...now back to PDG stuff! (Have I mentioned that PDG is truly my favorite store in New England? Better selection and staff than anywhere else that I know of in New England.)

Edit: Hey Dustin...did you get those chunky cashmere cardigans in yet that Michael was talking about?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  3. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

thanks for the recs guys! had forgotten about duck fat, so a soup/salad and some fries from there is looking like the lunch of choice. i'm in town for a work conf. so won't have a ton of time, but will deinitely check out the shop during my lunch break.

4. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    [​IMG]

Barbour x Adidas is Live on SEAWALL

Missed this whole conversation on eats! Cathpah has everything locked, but since october we've got 3-5 new spots that have opened up. it never stops here guys, never!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  5. Portland Dry Goods

For those of you who find yourself in the area Friday or Saturday - we're having our friends from some local maine companies (Swan Island, Portland General Store, SEAWALL, and Cat Bates Jewelery) hang out for the weekend to answer questions and show off their wares. expect to have coffee and maybe some beers towards the end of the day too!

[​IMG]

and for those who shop from afar, we've built in a "Maine Made" section for the website

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Hi PDG
    How does the sizing on the Seawall Stitch Down Jersey Shirts compared to Gitman Vintage, say?

What does "stitch-down collar" mean?

7. Portland Dry Goods

the sizing on the jersey varies between runs. our blue, green, or gray shirts are from the first batch - they fit a bit looser than gitman vintage, and are expected to shrink some in a warm wash/dry.

the new run (just the black on the web as of now) has gone through a hot overdye and we dont expect much shrink on it. it fits similar to gitman vintage, but has more stretch being a jersey. the stitch down collar is a response to the oxford's button down collar; our jersey shirts are hand stitched to have the look of a button down collar, but seeing as theyre meant to be more casual we're forbidding ties under them ;) the collars are hand finished induvidually and the dye takes nicely to the thread.

I'll be releasing some more info on those guys shortly since we're cooking up some of my favorite button downs in the states. until then feel free to email or PM us with any other questions!

8. FrankCowperwood

Excellent. Thanks for the quick response. Looks like something I'll keep my eye on. I have a Gitman vintage I actually bought instore from you guys a few years ago and it is a M. I could probably go L. Stretch introduces another element.

Also, I like overdyes. :)

9. FrankCowperwood

Just arrived today, custom via PDG.

Rancourt Clymer boot, burnished calf, Repello suede, Reltex Aspen sole.

:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Portland Dry Goods

Barbour x White Mountaineering Is Online

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

two minor notes:

1.) we're also carrying the mountain parka in bark (a light brown with the yellow version of the wave print as a liner). It was recieved after our photographer grabbed the rest of the drop. hit me up for photos if you want to see it.

2.) sizing varies piece to piece; you guys are pretty savvy on styleforum but I want to make sure everyone knows not to be afraid to ask me about sizing details - the jackets were tagged per their hang tag. the shirts had "USA" and "UK" sizing that we marked per USA sizing. this means the jackets fit pretty slim, and the shirts are fairly true to size. we're always happy to do an exchange for our customers but we have limited stock so we'd love to nail it on the first go :)

11. FrankCowperwood

And geez, then there's this...

[​IMG]

:drool:

PDG: Are there more jersey knit Seawall shirts in the offing?

12. Portland Dry Goods

No other jersey shirts just yet. I'll be building a whole intro to seawall on an "official" thread in the not too distant future. we should be rolling out a few easy colors for the end of spring, just in time for memorial day BBQs. we've got a few colors in mind, but while I've got you here what are you thinking? I figure one should at least match up to any other insane Barena topcoats you've got kicking around ;).

~D.O.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  13. FrankCowperwood

So you've noticed the Seawall showing up in a few fit photos? Geez higher rise trousers cause a lot of trouble...

I really like that green you've got on your site already, though not in my size. Maybe some other bold colors like that? I suppose paler colors could be useful too... Heck I don't know... you guys are the professionals. :)

14. Portland Dry Goods

[​IMG]

Hi Guys,

We've just recently restocked all of our core product from Reigning Champ (and added sweatpants and sweat shorts) - if we were out of your size in midweight terry anything, we should have it now.

check it out online here

15. Portland Dry Goods

16. Portland Dry Goods

Battenwear SS15 Is Online

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

These guys have been around for a few seasons now (this is our second round with them) but for those who aren't familliar, Battenwear comes from design sensibility from the vintage hike/surf world everyone's pretty familliar with at this point. normally we'd be wary of hyper referential clothes but Battenwear's level of quality and attention to detail in design is really top notch. The sensibilities are right in line with engineered garments - every so often we see fabrics we recognized from EG in the trimmings. Daiki worked with Shinya (Battenwear's head designer) during his stint at Woolrich Woolen Mills and we think the brand has huge crossover appeal, but it stands very well on its own too.

plus that traffic jam shirt is too perfect

17. Portland Dry Goods

Baldwin & Wings + Horns Online

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Our first Wings + Horns delivery comes with some core - we restocked on the cotton cashmere bias tees that entered the core program in fall - as well as the 1x1 rib long sleeve henleys - and added some short sleeve base henleys for the cooler weather. The Mac Coat is a new spring piece that's pretty irresistable to the staff. Wings + Horns hired a designer with history at arc teryx, so articulation has played a part in some of their most recent designs. The Mac fits dead on. it's one of those "oh shit" pieces - the kind of thing that makes you forget what you were saying when you try it on.

[​IMG]

the Baldwin delivery is primarily womens, and all jersey. 50/50 cotton modal fabric means a shrink resistant ultra comfy knit with a nice draping effect. we picked up men's pocket tees, plain and simple (though there are some graphics that aren't online that are kind of fun if you're a basketball fan)

18. g2x222

g2x222 Active Member

Any chance you'll be stocking more of the navy 6.5oz flat twill Bedfords? Or are those gone?