• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Portland Dry Goods [OFFICIAL] Affiliate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of footwear:

Rancourt Kudu mocs

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
Here's our Rancourt rundown for the summer!

I can see where the sage might come into play; the kudu has always been a grey with hints of brown to me.

At any rate, we've got our restock online on both kudu styles.

In addition, we have a new style for those of you who are fans of our Dark Olive Chromexcel styles. We finally put together a core rotation boat shoe in Dark Olive CXL with cinnamon rawhide and a red sole to give it a bit more personality than your average pair of Topsiders. The use of CXL & lack of a midsole means these are much cheaper than many of our other styles, which makes them a great way to get into the brand.

Finally, we wanted to add some Women's styles to our selection for summer. Kudu makes an appearance in a horsebit loafer, and we reworked the men's camp mocc in a peanut suede (i love this style, this could make it to mens by next year)

In other news, seasonal sale will begin very soon. like... very very soon. naturally these will not be marked down, but many of our spring / summer styles will be 40% off so keep an eye out.

Best,

D.O.

nickpapagiorgio

Reaction score
Can anyone who's worn the unlined Kudu speak to how warm/cool it wears, such as whether it's warmer/cooler than your typical smooth, lined leather boat shoe?

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

Can anyone who's worn the unlined Kudu speak to how warm/cool it wears, such as whether it's warmer/cooler than your typical smooth, lined leather boat shoe?  

The kudu is the most comfortable upper leather I've ever handled. I'd say it runs cooler than any lined shoe, and most other leathers. that being said, I've worn mine year round so long as there was no snow and ice on the ground. surely I'm a tad biased but I truly love the camp moccs I grabbed for myself.

in other news;

Our first batch of Gitman is up on the site

we're getting a ton of shirts this year, so if theres a style you like but dont see I can check in on it for you!

small taste of batch 1:

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When are you expecting your EG shipment?

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

When are you expecting your EG shipment?

wanted to publicly address this even though we chatted earlier, since I'm sure plenty of people are waiting on new EG:

we should be seeing our first delivery as early as this week; I'm pushing to make sure its within August at the very least. I'll be posting our first rundown on here and on the EG thread as soon as we see it in shop!

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
Reigning Champ Fall Delivery 1

Anyone with some familiarity with our shop will immediately understand our excitement with Reigning Champ's seasonal color this Fall. pretty strait forward stuff here, though I wanted to mention that the Diamond terry fabric is incredibly soft - I snagged a pair of the shorts and now I find myself looking forward to laundry day just so i can wear them right out of the dryer again.

Diamond Terry

Midweight Terry

Ringspun Jersey

There is also replenished stock in Reigning Champ basics, though these fly and we may be down on sizes again. you can see all of our Reigning Champ sweats here

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
It's Columbus Day Weekend, so we set up a modest coupon code for our shop. Does not pertain to a handful of our perennial brands, but you can save 20% on many new arrivals and a handful of core brands. If I were you guys i'd use the code to pick up one of the in house flannels, made at New England Shirt Co. Just enter "THREEBOATS" at checkout.

if you have any questions, or want to use the code for something that isn't available to purchase directly online, please email us ([email protected]) or - ideally - call the shop (1-207-699-5575) - I'll be out in the woods today so I won't be able to see PMs until later this evening.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
We're starting to ramp up the insulation for Winter. check out these gloves by Hestra, a Swedish family business that seems to be picking up a lot of steam in the states. This is our second year with them, and we've doubled down on styles. Just this week a few of our options have made it up on the site (which we are slowly redoing, so pardon any surprise downtime).

Utsjo - Elk Leather, Thinsulate Lining

Deerskin Lambfur Mitt - Deerskin Shell, Shearling Lining

Lots more in the shop, so if these don't catch your eye (The Utsjo is my favorite), I might be able to track down something specific.

Americanaaa

Reaction score
We're starting to ramp up the insulation for Winter. check out these gloves by Hestra, a Swedish family business that seems to be picking up a lot of steam in the states. This is our second year with them, and we've doubled down on styles. Just this week a few of our options have made it up on the site (which we are slowly redoing, so pardon any surprise downtime).

Utsjo - Elk Leather, Thinsulate Lining

Deerskin Lambfur Mitt - Deerskin Shell, Shearling Lining

Lots more in the shop, so if these don't catch your eye (The Utsjo is my favorite), I might be able to track down something specific.
how warm are the elk leather ones for riding? I'm in the market for leather riding gloves but for winter riding.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

how warm are the elk leather ones for riding? I'm in the market for leather riding gloves but for winter riding. 

I'm hoping to pick a pair up for myself this year to field test, but my guess is they should be pretty solid! They've got some primaloft insulation between the fleece and the elk, which adds a lot of warmth but doesn't puff them up like goose down would.

Americanaaa

Reaction score
I'm hoping to pick a pair up for myself this year to field test, but my guess is they should be pretty solid! They've got some primaloft insulation between the fleece and the elk, which adds a lot of warmth but doesn't puff them up like goose down would.
Yea I caved and got a pair. Will report back with impressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads