1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Portland Dry Goods [OFFICIAL] Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Portland Dry Goods, May 15, 2012.

1. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    Hey Styleforum!

[​IMG]

We're proud to finally be part of the community here. Portland Dry Goods is located right on Commercial Street in Portland, Maine. We have an incredibly tight knit staff of just under 10 people (seamstress included) between 3 storefronts back to back, offering some exciting products to the locals, the visitors, and now you guys. PDG features wares from all over, featuring some mainstays such as:

Red Wing Boots
    Gitman Vintage Shirting
    Engineered Garments
    Naked & Famous Denim
    Ben Sherman Plectrum
    Gant Rugger
    Bill's Khakis

and many more

We are also incredibly proud to offer some Made in Maine products; it seems as though Maine gets most of its recognition for Handsewn footwear (and for good reason, most of your favorite moccasins and boat shoes are made about an hour north of us). In addition to an upcoming offering from our friends at Rancourt, we feature bath and body products from Portland General Store, and wallets from Rogue. there are also a few cut & sew operations some of our locals are getting invested in; if they end up making mens gear, we'll be getting it.

[​IMG]
    (Image Courtesy of ACL)

One of our most valuable resources here is an all encompassing Barbour franchise; I hope we can be the styleforum go-to resource for Barbour coats, and Barbour questions

There are also some private label offerings in the works at PDG with some renowned shirt and pant makers.

We currently have no online store in order to keep things personal between us and the customer. you can contact us at several social media hubs:

http://Portlanddrygoods.tumblr.com

Portlanddrygoods@gmail.com

www.twitter.com/portlanddrygood

1-207-699-5575

I'll be keeping tabs on all these outlets, but the ABSOLUTE BEST way to reach us is by coming to visit. We're here every day 10-5 (6 on weekends, and after memorial day), and we're friendly to boot! plus, you've been looking for a reason to visit portland for a while now, right?

Glad to be here! expect some updates with some product shots and availability real soon.

Best,

Dustin O.
    PDG

2. Portland Dry Goods

Here's our offerings from Engineered Garments to get this thing started a bit:

[​IMG]

Dayton Shirt in Chambray

[​IMG]

Dayton Shirt in Seersucker (I don't know where Suzuki gets his seersucker from but ive never seen a nicer looking material)

[​IMG]

Dayton Shirt in Navy Cotton / Linen

[​IMG]

Shooting Jacket in Cordlane

We also have a ton of the Scarves:

[​IMG]

Polka Dot, Blue Heathered Jersey, Natural Linen / Cotton, Striped Jersey, and the Blue Floral (no vis, think Chauncey Shirt)

And one last pocket square; [​IMG]

3. curzon

curzon Senior member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti
    Looks nice. Info & merch on your Tumbler is seriously lacking, though. Am I supposed to telephone you and ask: "Whatcha got?" Understand the desire for the personal, high-touch relationship w/ the customer, but you may want to rethink to decision of no online shop. The likelihood of me (and many others) buying online: very high. The likelihood of me flying to Portland to visit you, your shop, and your staff of just under under 10 people (9?): remote.

BTW, where's the code for the customary 40% off + free shipping for SF members?

1 person likes this.
  4. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

what's the price on the dayton shirt and the shooting jacket?

5. Portland Dry Goods

mike - the Shooting Jacket comes in at 395 USD; The Dayton varies by fabric - linen / cotton in navy is 185, the seersucker and chambray are 165.

curzon - hopefully the creation of an online following will lead to a webstore - i'd love to open a webshop here, I think my boss is worried about making it perfect. untill then i'm trying to catch up on some backlogs of what we have here, specifically some of the gear you guys might be interested in. that being said I'll have a post up in a bit that shows what we have this summer from Gitman Bros. more to follow, bear with me while i'm making this backlog, and thanks much for the support

oh, and being as archaic as we are our coupon codes are delivered via carrier pigeon. expect one in a couple weeks, location depending :D (though perhaps I can work something promotional out in the future. events are fun, right?)

6. Portland Dry Goods

Gitman Vintage Summer Arrivals

[​IMG]

Seersucker BD

[​IMG]

Polkadot Chambray BD

[​IMG]

Native Stripe BD

[​IMG]

Hawaiian BD

[​IMG]

Blue/Brown Stripe Linen

[​IMG]

Border Stripe Chambray

[​IMG]

and Bowties! (too MC?)

as always please dont hesitate to ask for detail shots, fit pictures, measurements. I can answer questions outside of store hours.

7. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Neat. I have a lot of family in Portland and visit fairly often. I'll be there in June and will try to stop by.

8. Portland Dry Goods

will be happy to have you emptym!

in other news I'm putting up some shots of some barbour gear in a little bit. just wrapping up my day off.

Barbour Heritage & Tokito Offerings

[​IMG][​IMG]

Tokito Motorcycle Shirt

[​IMG]

Tokito Vintage Cotton Hunting Jacket, Olive

[​IMG]

Waxed Cotton Tokito Field Jacket, Sage/Olive

[​IMG]

Tokito Quilted Jacket, Onion

There's also quite a few jackets left from fall and on sale - we could have given them back to HQ but we figured theyre going to be tough to get back next year and now that they aren't going to the outlets, we might as well cut you lot a deal on them the only way we can!

[​IMG]

Spey Fishing Jacket

[​IMG]

Shoreman in Olive

[​IMG]

Bicycle Jacket in Tweed (my favorite piece in the entire barbour catalog at this point - this jacket is unreal)

[​IMG]

Scott Bracken in Tweed (sorry for the shaky image on this one, will reshoot)

as always hit me up with any inquiries on pricing, sizing. i'll be cataloguing some more stuff from PDG and the steve mcqueen gear shortly

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  9. Portland Dry Goods

Introducing...

Ben Sherman Plectrum

Ben Sherman has an established reputation for sportswear with brittish influence. they're exploring travel stories with their plectrum line, Autumn / Winter was inspired by the concept of Ben's englishman in NYC.

The Summer Collection take hints from Japanese styling with slim cuts and some fun patterns, though I think it could be considered an updated preppy look complete with go-to-hell pants, button down collars,

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Striped V-Neck Tee in Red, Black

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Pocket Tee in Blue, Yellow (Cotton / Poly Blend, very soft)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Short Sleeved Henly in Natural, Navy

[​IMG]
    Long Sleeve Henley in white

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Short sleeve button up in Red/white/blue , and blue check

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Guayabara shirt in white, chambray blue (this is a Cotton/Linen blend. really nice subtle alternative to the hawaiian shirt. also fits better than 90% of hawaiian shirts)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    BD Shirt in Blue Stripes, Blue Floral

[​IMG]
    Plaid cotton button down (A bit heavier than other shirting options, but very soft. feels almost like a light flannel)

[​IMG]
    EC-1 Chino. Great dusty colors here deviating slightly from the bold primaries, available in most sizes from 28-38.
    The Colors are also available as shorts, though these have slightly more room in the thigh:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Chunky shawl cardigan in navy (only one of these left in a medium.)

[​IMG]
    Coated cotton parka, Navy

[​IMG]
    Khaki Trench

This gear is a refreshing alternative in the whole "menswear" circle. I really love the guayabara shirts and I think the whole collection really compliments the gant rugger stuff we have in here (pictures to come eventually).

10. booke3c

booke3c Member

HI I am also a big fan of EG!!
    Do you ship worldwide to Taiwan???
    I want Dayton shirt in seersucker so badly!!!!!!
    do you have the SZ:M or SZ:S??

thx =)

11. trig

trig Senior member

how much for the native stripe? still avail in med?

12. Portland Dry Goods

Hi!

unfortunately we only have one of the seersucker daytons left, in an XL. we have the chambray and linen/cotton both in a Medium, but no smalls currently.

However, I bet we could ship one out to taiwan in one of those sizes. let me know!

13. Portland Dry Goods

we've got a medium for ya trig, it comes in at 195 USD. shoot me a pm if youre interested; its a killer shirt

14. Portland Dry Goods

Happy memorial day weekend guys! we're running a sale on outerwear here and I thought i'd extend it to you guys

until monday evening you can take 25% off our rain jackets, including the ben sherman offerings posted above. we also stock penfield's Rochester jacket in green and navy and the gant 4 pocket parka in tan.

I'm also further marking down two chunky cardigan sweaters from the Brooklyn Circus, one in green / ecru, one black & white. I'll pop pictures up later today but theyre 150 USD each (initialy retailed at 300).

now go out there and grill some burgers!

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  15. sw709

sw709 New Member

LOVE that Barbour Tweed bicycle jacket. Any available in stock? If so, what sizes?

16. Portland Dry Goods

we've got a small, an xl, and an xxl left in the jacket. its half off of the original ticket of 849 so if we have the size you're looking for, drop me a line ASAP

17. Portland Dry Goods

Hey everybody, hope your holiday weekends were driven by A1 Steak Sauce and 30 Racks!

just wanted to post up a few sale items for people looking for a Deal

Danner Boots

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I assume you all know the drill with Danner. Made in Oregon, throwback hiking style, welted and all. these range from 310.00 to 330.00 or so and we're moving them out so if anyone wants to get the jump on boot season I can let these go for 50% off the tag. we have some whole sizes left in the 9 to 12 range, so give me a shout

Brooklyn Circus

[​IMG][​IMG]

These sweaters are ultra warm and have some excellent detailing if you're a vintage nut; drop shoulders, patchwork, and a chunky as hell shawl collar. they could easily act as transitional season jackets as well as winter sweaters. good size run left of these, as well Retail on these was 345 and 335 respectively, we're marking them down to 199 USD

As always, feel free to contact me here, or at Portlanddrygoods@gmail.com or twitter

Will be taking some images of more of our offerings soon. private label shirting should arrive in a couple weeks and I've got GANT on deck along with some nice tees and streetwear offerings.

18. mcqueen

mcqueen Senior member

You definitely have some great items! Disappointed that you don't have an online shop.

19. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Subscribing. Been in the store many times as my wife and I visit PdG every time we visit Portland (drive from Canada). Great bunch of people work here and if you are I the area, make sure you toto David Wood a couple of doors down for some MC off-the-hookness!

20. Portland Dry Goods

McQueen - I hear you man. I dont know if we have the volume for online right now but im pushing the owners as often as I can about it.

Thebunk - good to hear from a visitor! I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate some of dave's offerings into this thread without ending up in MC/SW&D limbo. If you lot need some aldens we might have the hookup.