1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Porter x Monocle THREAK!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GuidoWongolini, Nov 24, 2009.

1. mrmax

mrmax Well-Known Member

"Monocle has teamed up with BlackBerry to produce 100 unique Bold 9700 handsets. We have created our own wallpapers for the screens and each device comes pre-loaded with Monocle’s 25/25 travel guides to the best business cities and resorts in the world. We have also created a special strap. They have 16GB cards and are also supplied with battery, charging pod, world charger, media player headset, USB and gift packaging." Its got wallpapers!!! [​IMG] You've got to hand it to them to have the balls to try and pull this one off. This speaks volumes about the Monocle readership.

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

They should do a feature on reel to reel tape machines. It seems very Monocular.

3. mrmax

mrmax Well-Known Member

Monocle x Leica M9 in Army Green. $100,000.00.

4. nozorro

nozorro Well-Known Member

I don't mind monocle branded goods. But whats the mark up on the Blackberry?

5. vamks

vamks Well-Known Member

950 quid!

6. JO3B

JO3B Well-Known Member

the whip is begging for a brooks saddle. PLEASE.

7. holymadness

holymadness Well-Known Member

"Monocle has teamed up with BlackBerry to produce 100 unique Bold 9700 handsets. We have created our own wallpapers for the screens and each device comes pre-loaded with Monocle's 25/25 travel guides to the best business cities and resorts in the world. We have also created a special strap. They have 16GB cards and are also supplied with battery, charging pod, world charger, media player headset, USB and gift packaging."

Its got wallpapers!!! [​IMG]

You've got to hand it to them to have the balls to try and pull this one off. This speaks volumes about the Monocle readership.

Expansys has, however, already begun accepting advance orders for the Bold 9700, which it has priced at a VAT and postage inclusive price of £422 ($696/€465) SIM free.

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/10...d_9700_launch/

[​IMG]

What a fucking joke, a 125% markup for some wallpapers and a logo. I hereby boycott Monocle and all its shitty products from here on out.

8. youngScholar

youngScholar Well-Known Member

They should do a feature on reel to reel tape machines. It seems very Monocular.

Monocle-branded fountain pens and typewriters. You'd be like a pulsing neutron star of pretentiousness. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Well-Known Member

Word on the street is that The Rake is coming out with a The Rake x Kleenex collab for all you guys to wipe the drool or...

10. DTO

DTO Well-Known Member

Any idea where you could get them around Hong Kong?

11. mrmax

mrmax Well-Known Member

Considering The Rake is sold at 7-11's here, I expect you could buy it on every corner [​IMG]

12. luk-cha

luk-cha Well-Known Member

Any idea where you could get them around Hong Kong?

page one in TST has it, it dont sell too well here, i think they have back issues too

Considering The Rake is sold at 7-11's here, I expect you could buy it on every corner [​IMG]

not in TST they dont dude!!!

13. DTO

DTO Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help, but...
    I meant for the Porter x Monocle bags...

14. Francisco

Francisco Well-Known Member

In Singapore?

15. luk-cha

luk-cha Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help, but...
    I meant for the Porter x Monocle bags...

London or online then!