• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Porsche Fleece Jacket

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2l8x8co.jpg
2v9t85y.jpg

Yea, I hate it when people who own cars wear too much (hats, key chains that represent their auto of choice) But I really like racing motifs for casual (leather racer jackets, jeans ankle boots etc) So I figured I could indulge in one Porsche item. So it was down between this and the classic McQueen white jacket from Lemans. Oh well, cast me into the pit of self car promotion, but I like it.

Here's the McQueen Jacket from LeMans.
2eqgoes.jpg
2w21u6o.jpg
2qk4imc.jpg

Mblova

Reaction score
Both Have very good style and are not too overdone with colors, or Sponsors.
What are both of them made of?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mblova
Both Have very good style and are not too overdone with colors, or Sponsors.
What are both of them made of?

1st one is fleece
2nd is cotton although they also have them in leather. I believe McQueen's was actually cotton though. Great movie if you like racing. (LeMans)

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I like it Soph. Porsche actually has an extensive clothing catalog and most of it is tasteful and well made. Their umbrellas and gadgets can be especially cool. A local dealer sells some good stuff...

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a Martini Racing Jacket that I like more than the Porsche ones, but the white one is pretty darn cool. I couldn't wear it, but you probably could.

nioh

Reaction score
I would only wear one of those if I were into racing and got paid for it. The only Porsche item i would purchase would be a car, not any of the accessories.

jmatt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nioh
I would only wear one of those if I were into racing and got paid for it. The only Porsche item i would purchase would be a car, not any of the accessories.
I have a 911, which I have even raced. The stereotype of the Porsche owner is so bad in my opinion that I never have, and never would wear a single Porsche item. It's a bad cliche.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmatt
I have a 911, which I have even raced. The stereotype of the Porsche owner is so bad in my opinion that I never have, and never would wear a single Porsche item. It's a bad cliche.

Yea that's my concern as well but I like that one jacket, and I like racing, forumla 1 and cars in general:
1. I'm not middle aged but I'm working on getting there
2. ***I'm not out of shape, dress like **** with a baseball cap that makes me look like I put all my money in my car (I think this is the worst sterotype) A fat, out of shape guy, wearing like sweatpants, and baseball cap just looks silly getting out of a Porsche
3. I'm not bald with sides
4. My urologist says ******** is slightly above normal in size
smile.gif

5. My porsche is standard with no silly large fins, it's not red, tac lighting, fuzzy dice and I don't blast music out of it

That being said, the McQueen jacket may be the best as it doesn't blast one particular name.

jmatt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
Yea that's my concern as well but I like that one jacket, and I like racing, forumla 1 and cars in general:
1. I'm not middle aged but I'm working on getting there
2. ***I'm not out of shape, dress like **** with a baseball cap that makes me look like I put all my money in my car (I think this is the worst sterotype) A fat, out of shape guy, wearing like sweatpants, and baseball cap just looks silly getting out of a Porsche
3. I'm not bald with sides
4. My urologist says ******** is slightly above normal in size
smile.gif

5. My porsche is standard with no silly large fins, it's not red, tac lighting, fuzzy dice and I don't blast music out of it

That being said, the McQueen jacket may be the best as it doesn't blast one particular name.

Hmmmm.....
1) I may be middle-aged (39) but I wasn't when I bought it.
2) I'm not out of shape, but I'm no runway model. I certainly don't dress poorly.
3) I'm pretty thin on top - but no horseshoe.
4) Mine shrunk in the first 15 minutes after buying the car
5) Don't mock the fins. I have a 993 with a factory whale tail. (as it came from the factory) No fuzzy dice. I could blast VERY loud music - but I don't.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmatt
Hmmmm.....
1) I may be middle-aged (39) but I wasn't when I bought it.
2) I'm not out of shape, but I'm no runway model. I certainly don't dress poorly.
3) I'm pretty thin on top - but no horseshoe.
4) Mine shrunk in the first 15 minutes after buying the car
5) Don't mock the fins. I have a 993 with a factory whale tail. (as it came from the factory) No fuzzy dice. I could blast VERY loud music - but I don't.

laugh.gif

The Porsche Stereotype I guess would be:
1. Out of shape
2. middleaged
3. just divorced
4. small penis of course
5. very poorly dressed always wearing a baseball cap (preferrably Porsche in red blazing)
6. Porsche keychain, dog collar you name it.
7. Horseshoe baldness.

*** On a serious note, the McQueen jacket caputres the spirit without any Porsche emblem, so that's probably the safer bet.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
laugh.gif

The Porsche Stereotype I guess would be:
1. Out of shape
2. middleaged
3. just divorced
4. small penis of course
5. very poorly dressed always wearing a baseball cap (preferrably Porsche in red blazing)
6. Porsche keychain, dog collar you name it.
7. Horseshoe baldness.

*** On a serious note, the McQueen jacket caputres the spirit without any Porsche emblem, so that's probably the safer bet.

Hey **** you man. Now that we have met you think that you can just come on here and tell everbody about my problems. I mean jeez...
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Hey **** you man. Now that we have met you think that you can just come on here and tell everbody about my problems. I mean jeez...
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

Did you buy an automatic Cayman S
crackup[1].gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Did you buy an automatic Cayman S
crackup[1].gif

Stick... to replace the one that can't get hard anymore.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Stick... to replace the one that can't get hard anymore.

They have drugs that can help with that now.
You take it with your mega vitamins and parkinson's meds.
Just because you are old, fat, bald and drive a Porsche to compensate doesn't mean you too don't deserve an active sex life
crackup[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads