• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Porsche Cayenne with 6MT

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This car is so freaking ugly. I drove a friend's Cayenne S for a while, and we went offroading in the snow in it. It's very capable, but my goodness it's freaking hideous.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
If they make the Cayenne Turbo with a 6MT it's going to be the most entertaining SUV in the world to drive.

Which on the street would make it only marginally more exciting than watching grass grow.

I've gone dune-hopping outside Dubai in a Cayenne and in that role it kind of fun, though. Don't know how a real transmission would improve the experience, but presumably it would.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cayenne T's motor produces enough torque to tow a small ficken island.
Why would they want to strap a manual box to it ?
plain.gif

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which SUV looks good?

Jon.

I know a lot of people like the big boxy look, like the MB G500, Land Cruiser, Discovery, Range Rover, etc, but I kinda like the Infiniti FX look. I guess it's just the most car like:

b05528120605.jpg

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
This car is so freaking ugly. I drove a friend's Cayenne S for a while, and we went offroading in the snow in it. It's very capable, but my goodness it's freaking hideous.

I actually like the looks, especially the interior (might even get one eventually) but I think lux SUV's with MT are stupid.

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which SUV looks good?

Jon.

I am not an SUV fan, and tend to agree that none of them look good. However, I am really warming up to the newest Rang Rover model.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by briancl
I know a lot of people like the big boxy look, like the MB G500, Land Cruiser, Discovery, Range Rover, etc, but I kinda like the Infiniti FX look. I guess it's just the most car like:

b05528120605.jpg

+1

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Infinity/Nissan SUVs sound stupid in real life. The engine has a *****-sounding intake note, and with the slurring shifts caused by an automatic transmission, the cars always sound like they're confused and/or wheezing for air. It's really not a very flattering sound.

--Andre

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
The Infinity/Nissan SUVs sound stupid

Infinity manufactures sound systems
rimshot.gif

You talking about VQ engine ? They do tend to produce that whooosh sound when revving hard
laugh.gif

Although that may have been addressed with latest tweaks.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FX is ok, I agree. Touareg and X5 aren't awful either IMO.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The front of the FX looks like a duckbill. The Toureq doesn't do anything for me. Along the current line up, I'd go for either a X5 or a Range Rover. As for the Porsche, it doesn't rub me one way or the other

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics