• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Popular Women Magazines

playdohh22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to know what women, or more specifically college females read or subscribe to whether it be magazines or websites. Still those teenage magazines like seventeen or whatever the hell you call it vouge? Just want a little insight of what's going on in the heads of some of these women.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read them sometimes when I go to the library on my lunch break. I also read them years ago in my high school library. It amazes me how bad the advice they give is in regards to men.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
my sisters used to read tiger beat

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really like Nylon, Cosmopolitan, and Vogue: UK.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last month's Seventeen (Taylor Swift cover) had a story about watching for date rapists at house parties.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
I read them sometimes when I go to the library on my lunch break. I also read them years ago in my high school library. It amazes me how bad the advice they give is in regards to men.

+1000.

One particular article in Cosmo told women to avoid men whose middle finger was longer than the index finger because they would sleep with their best friends. :). I was surprised how many women actually believed it.

facebookdigg123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
+1000.

One particular article in Cosmo told women to avoid men whose middle finger was longer than the index finger because they would sleep with their best friends. :). I was surprised how many women actually believed it.

arent most people's middle fingers longer than the index?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Believe it or nor when I was a kid (8-10) I used to secretly read my mom's copies for the quizzes. A lot of fun then but not sure if I'd enjoy them at 26.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read Elle Collections and the Gentlewoman which comes out twice a year and just started. Set my sister up with a subscription to Nylon print magazine while the online version goes into my inbox.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i believe cosmo is the dominant player amongst women in their late teens and twenties. i'm not sure anything else can even compete with it. maybe some vogue but they're reading that for fashion, not guy advice. the only thing that probably competes circulation-wise would be tabloid rags like US Weekly and People, etc. Probably not for guy advice specifically though I think they like to drool over the personal gossip tidbits about the stars, which is sort of similar. In any event, they are all complete and utter trash. My wife occasionally picks up a People and it makes me go

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.