• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pop Star needing a "Style"

singing_lad

Reaction score
hi all,

I am not really a pop star but have done quite alot of tv work and had songs released etc, I have a new single coming out and am having a photoshoot in oct. Im looking for ideas for a style...

I currently look like this

www.craigpowellonline.com

but im having some red spikes put into my hair and into my fringe... I do dance music... and do not really look like the typical dance singer as most are 30+

Anyone got any ideas for a trendy, smart/casual look I could go for? I like the idea of White trainers, blue jeans with a nice big D&G Belt, black shirt, white or grey dinner jacket (for that smart look)? Thats just me and I dont really have any idea of good fashion... please help.

P.S

There are some videos on my website,, which may show u what i look like abit better.

hope you can help

Cheers

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest looking at the Streetwear and Denim forum. Probably will find a bit more helpful advice, although I'd think your promotion team would have decided a look for you already.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your video for "You and me" has some pretty hot chicks in it. Not a bad song either. Reminds me of that Eric Prydz video except in an office instead of a gym. You could try the streetwear and denim forum (the men's clothing forum is really more about suits, ties, etc.) But if you're in London you could just as well go to the basement of Harrod's and get a personal shopper to put together a few different looks for you. Most of the stuff you find in the basement would be right up your alley. You sound like you're on the right track though. I'd ditch the red spikes in your hair plan. But you could try dark jeans (they have some nice Alexander McQueen ones at Harrods right now.) Any belt with a prominent buckle (maybe something other than a brand logo), maybe some black/brown loafers, some kind of dark blazer (possibly velvet to look more casual instead of formal.) I've always thought one of the best dressed pop-stars out there is Usher. Google images of him and see what you can find. You can also grab a couple of copies of GQ, Esquire, etc and see what other pop stars are wearing at photo shoots. Maybe that can give you some inspiration. I already found these two which look decent. http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/cms/2...lg.6806765.jpg http://www.fnacmusic.com/Images/artiste/usher.jpg As I type this, I can already feel the type of hate this suggestion is going to attract.
peepwall[1].gif

Byrd

Reaction score
clothes don't matter as much as your attitude. Smoke American spirit cigs too.

singing_lad

Reaction score
hi, ok thank you.

and as for the promo team,, it's dance music not pop.. only pop acts are blessed with such teams unfortunatly.

Will try the other forum. thanks for your help.

Kind Regards

singing_lad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Byrd
clothes don't matter as much as your attitude. Smoke American spirit cigs too.

unfortunatly in this industry clothes really do matter and it seems that attitude really doesnt... harsh but true
smile.gif

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hell, why try to emulate what every one else does.
Look at Kanye West or Andre 3000, they have style and occasionally even wear something I would wear.
Maybe you wear all Neopolitan clothes, bespoke suits, Scarfora shoes, and AM shirts?
that would really set you apart (also would set you far apart from your wallet).

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Does this look really scream "let's party?"
confused.gif
jacketfronts.jpg
Kanye West is another good person to look at if you're looking for ideas. But I wouldn't try to emulate Andre 3000, he gets away with half the stuff he wears just because he is Andre 3000.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come on Fidel (by the way, that is my new stage name),
He looks like a singing lad.
It would be novel.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
^

Does this look really scream "let's party?"
confused.gif

crackup[1].gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh, he has two of the same thread running. I just posted a whole thing on the other one. Boooo!

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Come on Fidel (by the way, that is my new stage name),

Stage name for what?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
Stage name for what?
Didn't you hear? Dopey got him a part time job.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads