1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Poorly Fitting RTW Jacket (beseeching your indulgence)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nikki5, Sep 27, 2012.

1. nikki5

nikki5 New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hi. I have been trying for some time to try to figure out how to alter a RTW jacket, and I just stumbled upon this site -- WOW! Now, I'd like to ask you to indulge me -- I realize I am breaking the rules big time because, 1) this is a ladies jacket, and 2) my pictures (taken before I found this site) have flapping wings and poor dress. That said, if you would be willing to offer any suggestions I would be very grateful. If not, I do understand. The first photo is the unaltered jacket. The second photo is a basted, un-ironed attempt to improve the fit by taking in the side-back seams and center back seam. I know I will not achieve perfection (and I won't be able to adjust the armholes or the pockets), but perhaps you can provide a bit of guidance on how to improve upon this? The third picture is the front -- I'd be delighted if you wanted to offer any suggestions there as well. Thank you very much.

2. acidboy

acidboy Stylish Dinosaur

better for you to post in the mens clothing section