• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was in Manhattan over the weekend and got a chance to go into a few stores. Nice to be able to see a variety of watches and handle them as opposed to just looking at photos and videos.

DevilsOwn

Reaction score
One of my big issues is that my I'm 5'5" and my wrist is barely 2 inches in width. Anyone have ideas as to collections or watches that would look vaguely in proportion?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of my big issues is that my I'm 5'5" and my wrist is barely 2 inches in width. Anyone have ideas as to collections or watches that would look vaguely in proportion?

We're probably comparably proportioned. I asked that question years ago here and was recommended a Stowa Antea KS, which I love to this day.

Also, Seiko 5s are a good bet too for skinny wrists.

My Antea KS

My 5's

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@javyn had some good suggestions above but if you are interested in vintage, there are plenty of very sharp looking vintage Seikos, especially in the King Seiko, Lord Marvel, and Lord Matic lines that would probably fit your wrist very nicely.

Of course it's primarily subjective but I understand how dive watches can be a bit hit or miss if you are worried about how it looks or feels on a smaller wrist. I think a lot of it comes down to the shape of the lugs and how flat or curved the back of the watch case is. The SBBN031 Seiko Tuna is, by all accounts, a rather large watch but thanks to how short the lugs are and how they're sort of under the case, it fits much smaller and more comfortably than other watches with similar case dimensions. I think the Monster is another one that fits much smaller than it's measurements would lead you to believe.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Yes, Vintage Watches do typically have better proportions for your wrists. but i think you could even look at 80's - 90's watches. and some of the offerings from Swatch.

I have seen 38mm? Dive watches from Citizen. and some of the older Tag Heuer's look great, and are less bulky.

Just get out there, try on all the watches. new, resale, all of them. plenty of options out there.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In addition to javyn's and Michigan Planner's excellent suggestions, for vintage look at 35mm+/- Omega Seamasters. Very nice watches, at affordable prices, with comfortable cases and especially lugs.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cheers to everyone replying to me. That's been quite useful.
Here's another list of ideas:
I've got a Marlin mechanical watch, because it was just about the cheapest new sub-38mm non-auto mechanical watch.

Lumaca

Reaction score
38 mm today
20190822_200655.jpg

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads