• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a new Sumo from Japan - are you green with envy?
20190718_150252.jpg

20190718_150317.jpg

Upgraded 6r35 movement (70-hour power reserve) and sapphire crystal. Beautiful green sunburst dial that's hard to photograph. Pretty sweet!

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice Samurai! I bought one when they were first introduced. They're practically giving them away now - $230 shipped from Macy's last weekend. Fun summer watch - great on a NATO.

That's how I got mine $210 + tax. Seiko, especially this year is moving the bar up as with your Sumo, better movement better crystal, higher MSRP. These new SKU's are beyond my price point so I'll need to look at used, special sales or micro brands.

I have a Dan Henry 1962 on the way and I've been very pleased with my $150 deep Blues. Wearing the NATO Diver today.
IMG_4332.jpg
IMG_4334.jpg

I'd like to pick up a Laco Aachen but at $410 I'm not going to do it so I'll end up with a Citizen Flieger style watch for $70

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
L O V E that green Sumo!
YES:
8826_Nathan_Liang_-_the_grinch_dr_seuss.jpg

YES:...........
images

and YES:
images

That is really Sumotastic.
Wow - thanks guys!
I wasn't expecting much love for a Sumo. I absolutely love them, but I recognize that they're large, unsexy tool watches. Not as elegant as many watches posted here. Here's it is with green shell loafers...
20190718_150335.jpg

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Damasko DA36 on the Moon over Los Angeles, 21 July 2019"

On July 21, 1969, I had just turned 11 years old. I was with my family at their friends’ house near Venice, Italy, on the banks of the Tagliamento River. The house, an old villa on beautiful ground, had been badly bombed during the war, and there remained only a small habitable area, a living capsule appended to the remnant rooms. Members of my family, partigiani, had died along that river, fighting for Italy against Fascists and ...... Ernest Hemingway had written “Across the River and into the Trees” in that house, in 1950. In 1969 I was in love with Irina, my age and the beautiful daughter of my parents’ friends….

On July 21, 1969, a Monday, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walked on the Moon, Armstrong setting down first foot at 02:56:15 UTC. Watching that event on a tiny black and white television conveying enormous images, with people I loved, sharing our astonishment in that small and significant space among the larger moonlit ruins, is one of my most cherished memories for so many reasons.

Tonight, on July 20, 2019, at 02:56:15 UTC (19:56:15 PDT where I now live, but with my watch date set to MON 21 when the event occurred) plus 50 years from that wonderful moment, the moon was there again, still rising as beautiful as ever, accompanied by Walt Whitman’s wonderful words of long and hard journeys, calmly overseeing the city lights, the star-marked night, and the dreams and days of innocent youth and more experienced age.

In Memoriam, and in eternal love and constant hope.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1205691

My 1959 Smiths Deluxe. Lovely watch but I feel possibly a bit small on my wrists.

Reluctantly decided to list this watch on here. I have decided it's too small for me.

Will be sad to see it go but would be great for another forum member to enjoy it.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Technically over, ask me if I care.

Attachments

• 7EDFC163-522B-42B9-BD28-5DA1C5B56C86.jpeg
    7EDFC163-522B-42B9-BD28-5DA1C5B56C86.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 66

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not today's pic, but I like my Scuba Dude with the skinny bezel. I've got a camo NATO on order for it. I like the hooded lugs, makes me think of a Ratnik, but without the crown being on the wrong side.

F6zPE95.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads