• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked this one up in celebration of a new job! Seiko Brightz SAGN007. I usually don't wear bracelets, so I'll probably swap this out for something else. Any recommendations? I was thinking maybe gator?

View attachment 1143325
With a dial that complicated (not a criticism, just a fact) I think leaving the watch on the bracelet is really the most elegant solution.

If you can't stand a bracelet, then a black rubber diver's strap.

If you can't stand rubber, then the most simple, flat-grain, thick, black leather strap.

Alligator or crocodile would be the least appropriate strap for that particular watch, in my opinion.
Apples and moon rocks.

Regardless, congratulations on the new job (and nice watch)!

Irish95

Reaction score
I’m surprised you guys feel that way. I think the Seiko looks great. I think it looks fantastic on the strap worn by Roger. I have a Breitling Headwind that I wear on a black padded strap and I think it’s a great look. I think the bracelets are great, but the strap on that style of watch is a good look. Changes it up a bit in a good way.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
À chacun son
bracelet, strap, other watch-securing device, etc....

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have vastly different styles, but you know I respect you and enjoy your posts.

That said (and despite my late mother's admonishment to, "If you can't say something good...") there is no way I'm letting my tea get near that cup.

Sorry, Jazzarlie. :hide:
Not only did I let them near my tea cup I let them take a dip................:rimshot:

20190314_174415.jpg

20190314_174215.jpg

20190314_152003.jpg

20190314_150820.jpg

20190314_152425.jpg

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With a dial that complicated (not a criticism, just a fact) I think leaving the watch on the bracelet is really the most elegant solution.

If you can't stand a bracelet, then a black rubber diver's strap.

If you can't stand rubber, then the most simple, flat-grain, thick, black leather strap.

Alligator or crocodile would be the least appropriate strap for that particular watch, in my opinion.
Apples and moon rocks.

Regardless, congratulations on the new job (and nice watch)!

Mostly agreed but I'd use a simple plain cognac shell cordovan to reduce the case and counter the complications on the dial. Black straps would make the piece even larger.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked this one up in celebration of a new job! Seiko Brightz SAGN007. I usually don't wear bracelets, so I'll probably swap this out for something else. Any recommendations? I was thinking maybe gator?

View attachment 1143325

I think the bracelet would look better but a black gator would look cool too.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m surprised you guys feel that way. I think the Seiko looks great. I think it looks fantastic on the strap worn by Roger. I have a Breitling Headwind that I wear on a black padded strap and I think it’s a great look. I think the bracelets are great, but the strap on that style of watch is a good look. Changes it up a bit in a good way.

Why thank you - I think so too!

I also think a strap better shows off the unique shape of the case as compared with the bracelet.

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This impulse buy will surely fall under the heading of not everyone's cuppa - but I had it on my "wish list" at Jomashop for a while, and when I got an offer that tipped me over the edge, well, I fell off the fence.

A couple things appeal.

1) I'm really sick of round cases and have been eyeing everything non-round for a while - tonneau, square, tank, you name it. Genta is the king of non-round design, IMO, and this one has a real Genta vibe. Poor man's AP?

2) I've always - ALWAYS loved the juxtaposition of rose gold against a black dial. Speaking of AP, one of my dream watches has always been the tankish Edward Piguet chronograph in rose gold with a black dial. The bezel and crown on this piece are both 18k rose gold.

3) Excellent case finishing. I found a couple hi-def youtube videos that managed to capture what an excellent job AN did with this model - something that most of the pics I have seen did not capture - and the real thing did not disappoint.

4) Doesn't look like anything else in my watch box.

The dimensions of this thing almost don't make sense. Try 41mm "diameter" (it's not round after all) with - wait for it - 24mm lug width. Like, I've never seen that. But it somehow works. Thank heavens they radically tapered the bracelet (down to what looks like 18-20mm at the clasp) else it would probably wear like a set of hand cuffs. I'll be getting the bracelet sized later this morning, but even with it flopping around with probably two extra links of gap, it's not uncomfortable.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Things I would change? A rose gold sweep second hand - and that's about it.

If I am ever able to find this blue version, I may end up with 2 of the same watch -which almost never happens.

large.jpg

ErikW

Reaction score
Awesome find. Bracelets on those are hard to find, so you should definitely keep.... I mean.... those bracelets suck - you should definitely junk it or else sell it to me. :D

Blue says hi.

Where did you get your strap? I love the blue dial -- those are insanely rare.

Irish95

Reaction score
8473798C-ECCB-4603-9D6D-C45FAA619F6F.jpeg
I never wear this with a suit, but it is March 16th so an exception can be made today. The irony as I wait for my case to be called is that my client is from Dublin. If he brings money, it will be a perfect day of “green”.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1144305 I never wear this with a suit, but it is March 16th so an exception can be made today. The irony as I wait for my case to be called is that my client is from Dublin. If he brings money, it will be a perfect day of “green”.

Lol perfect occasion! I wear my Green Marine with a suit on rare occasion. Just because.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads