• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Count me as another who didn't notice the different size dots in the original post but now I cannot un-see it.

As for California dials - I used to hate them and then I got a good deal on a Nomos Club Campus with one and grew to really like it. I would definitely get one again. FWIW, wearing the watch I would barely even register the differing number styles when glancing at it to get the time.

FPB

Reaction score
Anyone buy a watch from overseas? It's a first for me, and I'm dealing with UPS and their customs people. I think I've told 4 people the type of watch and the material, but they still won't push it though :(

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone buy a watch from overseas? It's a first for me, and I'm dealing with UPS and their customs people. I think I've told 4 people the type of watch and the material, but they still won't push it though :(
The company selling you the watch needs to fill out the forms and supply the necessary information. DHL or whoever will reach out to you and say additional information is needed but its the watch company that is in a better position to supply this information.

For whatever reason, I've run into this problem with every Christopher Ward watch. They sit at DHL 5-7 days every time waiting on the CW folks to fill out the paperwork they should have filled out at shipping.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’ve bought from overseas many times (Germany, Austria, UK, Switzerland, China, Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong, Australia, Malaysia, Canada), used and new, at all sorts of price points and I’ve only run into problems a couple times. Both times it was with watches from Aquastar shipping via FedEx. I had to keep reaching out to Aquastar to have them follow up with FedEx and eventually it was worked out (and thankfully I never had to pay any import fees on the watches).

In the end, I think there’s also some randomness involved as to how closely customs scrutinizes the packages and documentation as it comes in. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: ljl

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being available today on pre-order, the Yema Rallye 5 Turbo Edition Limitée.

I really like this one.

Screenshot (385).png
Screenshot (384).png
Screenshot (383).png

The strap is really gorgeous as well. The chronograph automatic movement is the Eta Valjoux 7753.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the panda version of the previous model, and I kinda hate the mecha-quartz movement. There is no running second hand, and it drives me nuts.

They are different models, this one is mechanical.

Yours is nice, but the quartz movement makes it unattractive to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot (386).png
    Screenshot (386).png
    646.1 KB · Views: 45

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are different models, this one is mechanical.

Yours is nice, but the quartz movement makes it unattractive to me.

Ah ok, didn't realize they were different models.

Does the mechanical one have a running seconds hand?

FPB

Reaction score
I’ve bought from overseas many times (Germany, Austria, UK, Switzerland, China, Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong, Australia, Malaysia, Canada), used and new, at all sorts of price points and I’ve only run into problems a couple times. Both times it was with watches from Aquastar shipping via FedEx. I had to keep reaching out to Aquastar to have them follow up with FedEx and eventually it was worked out (and thankfully I never had to pay any import fees on the watches).

In the end, I think there’s also some randomness involved as to how closely customs scrutinizes the packages and documentation as it comes in. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks for the reply. I agree that there must be some randomness in the process. I've talked to 3 people on the phone and 2 others via email and none seem to be on the same page.

I'm in MI too BTW. I'm in Bloomfield.

FPB

Reaction score
The company selling you the watch needs to fill out the forms and supply the necessary information. DHL or whoever will reach out to you and say additional information is needed but its the watch company that is in a better position to supply this information.

For whatever reason, I've run into this problem with every Christopher Ward watch. They sit at DHL 5-7 days every time waiting on the CW folks to fill out the paperwork they should have filled out at shipping.

Agreed. I don't know why they are asking me all these questions. And what's really odd is that the seller says they submitted everything UPS asked for.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I agree that there must be some randomness in the process. I've talked to 3 people on the phone and 2 others via email and none seem to be on the same page.

I'm in MI too BTW. I'm in Bloomfield.

Must be neighbors. I live in Bloomfield Hills as well!

Reactions: FPB

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my CWC diver and it’s sort of ruined the rest of my collection in that this is basically what I’ve worn 95% of the time since I got it in the fall. I also love wearing my watch on a NATO and that works well with this one because of its fixed bars. That said, I do enjoy the occasional steel bracelet… enter the Forstner Klip bracelet that clips over the fixed bars. Very lightweight and looks good and has a cool vintage vibe.

CA2718EE-D0E6-40BA-96C5-B1F5EC300C8B.jpeg
36E198B1-2977-4AA9-B7F7-DAFA8983C80F.jpeg
45991A49-7D10-4925-9906-1C03AFD92A8C.jpeg

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my CWC diver and it’s sort of ruined the rest of my collection in that this is basically what I’ve worn 95% of the time since I got it in the fall. I also love wearing my watch on a NATO and that works well with this one because of its fixed bars. That said, I do enjoy the occasional steel bracelet… enter the Forstner Klip bracelet that clips over the fixed bars. Very lightweight and looks good and has a cool vintage vibe.

View attachment 1924295 View attachment 1924297 View attachment 1924299

Nice watch, but that flimsy bracelet spoils a bit the aesthetics in my opinion. A mesh bracelet would do the watch more justice, retaining the wished vintage look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads