• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I’ll wear a number of my Deep Blue watches this week since I’m off.

This dial goes well with an orange strap.
A67142C2-ACE5-4F97-8AFA-7E04D8D68FD2.jpeg
D84C6A75-4216-44F2-BE3D-603B9E133C20.jpeg

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you feel about this current generation of Monsters? I have been in the market for a 2nd generation orange Monster (managed to find one for a great price today actually), so I bought this particular Save the Ocean model just to try it out on my wrist a couple of weeks ago, but it was much too big. It would've been very nice, but I noticed that the way the case tapers downwards made it look super odd.
I don't have any older monsters to compare with. I have a large wrist so the size doesn't bother me. Never noticed the case taper. :puzzled: I like the beautiful blue dial and the way it blends with the blue stingray strap.

Trit

Reaction score
Got a Hamilton Ventura. As a quartz boy, it really showcases how much of a market there could be at that $1000 price point. Compared to a watch half the price you get better quality and packaging. And I don't think at double the price you would get double the quality of this. This feels like a sweet spot. And it has actual provenance. I never care about provenance but this watch actually got me reading up on it and understanding its history. It came out almost exactly when my parents were born. So before they were born you always had to keep your watch wound and after you didn't. I also conflated this as being the first quartz watch which it totally wasn't. It was just a battery powered mechanical watch. And even that R&D took 10 years to get passable but not great results. And it was only in gold for the first year with a crazy gold leaf two-tone strap. They didn't get to stainless steel until the second re-issue, which is where I think it shines.

It does have a very weird 17mm lug width. Does anyone know a good place for a 17mm black rubber strap? I usually buy from small Etsy sellers but the odd width seems to make that impossible.

shoewarma

Reaction score
I don't have any older monsters to compare with. I have a large wrist so the size doesn't bother me. Never noticed the case taper. :puzzled: I like the beautiful blue dial and the way it blends with the blue stingray strap.
Yeah, they slightly increased the dimensions on the new generation Monster. I have to agree that the dial was indeed beautiful when I saw it up close.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a jubilee bracelet but I think I’ll keep it on the rubber strap for a while. I don’t have many different kinds of rubber straps in my collection but this one seems to be really good.
Curved to meat the case, soft and notches for each of the two keepers.
535251B6-1A56-42B6-BE80-9420B4FAB769.jpeg
1D9A6FEC-EC63-4326-8F69-F4B091E61809.jpeg

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice.
Poor man staple watches 😂
View attachment 1806989
Nice. Is your Seiko an SKX007? The outline around the day-date window looks different, and the "Diver's 200m" text on mine is red. Otherwise looks the same. I've had mine for 15+ years. Always a good beater diver to bring out from time to time.

I bought the G Shock a few months ago to replace an ancient Casio that was scratched to hell. This one fits and looks much better. Only gripe is the difficulty in using the buttons because of how recessed they are.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads