• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Found this on the internet. It hasn't arrived yet so I may be jumping the gun ... but got this for just barely into 4 figures. The dial is restored, the buckle is not original, 35mm in steel and dating from the 60's (so acrylic crystal) ... but darn I'm attached already. Then again I am an IWC fan and love the simplicity of their "dress" watches from that era.

It has an elegance and is not screaming look at me. Okay, the black dial is a tad dramatic.
IMG_5329.jpg

Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@RSS - That's a great looking watch. I really like a lot of the vintage IWC watches and that one is no exception.
Thanks. I've been a fan since the 70's. That one really caught my eye. I usually see one and hem & haw but that one said "Buy me you fool! Don't pass me by."

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Within about the past two months:
Aquastar Deepstar Chronograph
MKII Sting Ray 60
MKII Blackwater
MKII Project 300
MKII Sea Fighter (x2)
Sinn EZM 1.1
Sinn EZM 3
Sinn U1
Sinn UX
Seiko SBDA003
Seiko SCFF003
Squale 20 Atmos Ferrovia Ceramic
Steinhart Ocean Vintage Maxi
Helson Hammerhead 42
Halios Puck

Since the fall, I've acquired an Aquastar Deepstar II, Longines Legend Diver, Hamilton Intramatic panda, and a MKII Tornek-Rayville (among a few other less noteworthy pieces). These watches, along with my Doxa Sub 300 (that I've had for a few years now), my Synchron Military PVD, and Sinn U50 have basically taken over my wrist and nothing else is getting much wear.

I think my next two big watch purchases will be an Omega Speedmaster and a Rolex Submariner but I want to fund them entirely through other watch sales so as I sell things now I'm putting the money aside in a special account. If I get more motivated and start actually posting more items up for sale, I could get the funds in relatively short order. Finding a Speedmaster won't be a problem, but the Rolex on the other hand.... Thankfully I'm in no hurry.

Once I get those two, I think my "collection" will be pretty much as complete as it will ever be and a lot more well-rounded than the tons of Seiko divers it had been in the past. Though I am sure there will be a few other random purchases here and there, I'm no longer hoarding items. If I get a watch and wear it a couple times but then never again for a few months, out it goes.

There are some other watches in my collection I don't plan to part with anytime soon though. Off the top of my head:
Citizen Chronomaster
Omega Railmaster
Seiko Tuna
MKII PMWF Greywater
Seiko Orange Monster
Seiko SBCM023 perpetual calendar
Squale sub-39 60th Anniversary
Wow, that's quite the list of watches to have moved in the past two months. That's awesome. And good luck with the Sub hunting. I keep thinking I would have bought a Sub and an OP39 at their then prices a few years ago, but I've got a mental block when it comes to watches over $5K for some reason.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's quite the list of watches to have moved in the past two months.
Agreed. @Michigan Planner I Googled several of those watches, and it looks like you rid yourself of a lot of redundancy (black dial divers, mainly) in your collection. Those Aquastars are pretty cool, too. I came across those when I was looking at Doxas recently. Interesting pieces for sure, and priced similar to Doxas.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
Within about the past two months:
Aquastar Deepstar Chronograph
MKII Sting Ray 60
MKII Blackwater
MKII Project 300
MKII Sea Fighter (x2)
Sinn EZM 1.1
Sinn EZM 3
Sinn U1
Sinn UX
Seiko SBDA003
Seiko SCFF003
Squale 20 Atmos Ferrovia Ceramic
Steinhart Ocean Vintage Maxi
Helson Hammerhead 42
Halios Puck

Since the fall, I've acquired an Aquastar Deepstar II, Longines Legend Diver, Hamilton Intramatic panda, and a MKII Tornek-Rayville (among a few other less noteworthy pieces). These watches, along with my Doxa Sub 300 (that I've had for a few years now), my Synchron Military PVD, and Sinn U50 have basically taken over my wrist and nothing else is getting much wear.

I think my next two big watch purchases will be an Omega Speedmaster and a Rolex Submariner but I want to fund them entirely through other watch sales so as I sell things now I'm putting the money aside in a special account. If I get more motivated and start actually posting more items up for sale, I could get the funds in relatively short order. Finding a Speedmaster won't be a problem, but the Rolex on the other hand.... Thankfully I'm in no hurry.

Once I get those two, I think my "collection" will be pretty much as complete as it will ever be and a lot more well-rounded than the tons of Seiko divers it had been in the past. Though I am sure there will be a few other random purchases here and there, I'm no longer hoarding items. If I get a watch and wear it a couple times but then never again for a few months, out it goes.

There are some other watches in my collection I don't plan to part with anytime soon though. Off the top of my head:
Citizen Chronomaster
Omega Railmaster
Seiko Tuna
MKII PMWF Greywater
Seiko Orange Monster
Seiko SBCM023 perpetual calendar
Squale sub-39 60th Anniversary

Any strong feelings concerning the Tornek Rayville yet? It seems I missed the window on getting ahold of one again.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any strong feelings concerning the Tornek Rayville yet? It seems I missed the window on getting ahold of one again.

I love my TR. that was really the watch that spurred me to get rid of a bunch of stuff in my collection once I got that this fall.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@NakedYoga - Here’s the Hamilton Intra-Matic after I put it on the mesh bracelet earlier this evening:

9D47C357-BF34-4B48-B654-0BDFA47011D0.jpeg

F49721E1-CB4F-44F8-B693-04FB752CF6B3.jpeg

…and next to The Citizen I’ve been wearing the past few days:
C583BA56-E72C-46B7-B107-A71BAA5AB72F.jpeg

basu13

Reaction score

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Citizen is just stunning. Very much akin to the SARB 033/035 duo in terms of aesthetics. What price range does the Chronomaster fall in?

The Chronomaster runs about $2,500 - $3,500 depending on the exact model. Titanium case and bracelet, perpetual calendar, rice paper dial, Eco-Drive movement , +/-5 seconds per year accuracy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads