• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my "holiday purchases". Classy design. I like this shade of green and the price was right.
20211207_102448.jpg

Arthur_Dent

Reaction score
PXL_20211207_190113258.jpg

A Soviet era Chistopol Sputnik produced between late 1957 and early 1961 to commemorate the successful launch of the first satellite to orbit the earth; the Sputnik 1. The watch doesn't bear the Vostok brand name like later watches from factory 835, which was situated in Chistopol hence the name Chistopol Sputnik. This relatively early version has the iconic seconds disc which represents Sputnik 1 orbiting earth (very cool to see). My seconds disc seems to be taken from another watch and put onto this one and the crown is definitely not original but other than that it is a-okay (I think).

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you going to change shirts too?
??

I like the colour of the leather but something about that style of strap with the two big string stitches (don’t know if they have a name) I just don’t like.
As for the watch, as much as I love divers / sports watches we all have our nerdy preferences or dislikes in watch details and I don’t like hash mark overload! Long hash marks on the dial coupled with hash marks all the way around a dive bezel look jarring to me.
It it’s a good match for the shirt!?

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only thing cooler than @Jazzmenco's watches are his shirts! ?
And the combinations are a spectacle to behold.

(In retrospect, he's got some pretty awesome boots, too.)

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not a PMW as this sits above $1k, but certainly an offering from a definitive PMW brand. New Seiko Speedtimer Automatic Chronograph.

JIEZsRK.jpg

DEc7wcM.jpg
Does it have a display case back?

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
And I guess since it is an automatic, the rotor obscures much of the movement.
But still am in favor of them.

Keith Taylor

Reaction score
264063684_633365468104467_309851808134837675_n.jpg

Torgoen were nice enough to send me a review sample of the T9 GMP pilot I've been coveting for the last six months. I love this model, but I wish Torgoen would offer the option of a slightly less absurdly thick and rigid strap.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics