• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, I was between this and the 12hr. bezel and stuck with the dive version for this reason, uncluttered and simple. It’s a good piece all around.

-DL
Years ago, perhaps around 2013 someone posted a pic of a similar watch. It may have been an earlier version of this brand - a blue diver but I seem to remember the case angles were softer. Also somewhat brighter blue and I recall thinking the crown looking exposed as I’m used to the Sub’s crown guards. I really liked it but had recently got a Sub and swapped out the black dial and bezel for smurf blue so didn’t see the need for another blue diver. Wish I could remember the brand if it wasn’t actually Helios. These and the Deep Blues seem to be really pinching above their weight in terms of a PMW that really look a lot more expensive than they are. Among my favourite boutique brands plus I have a Belmoto (Magrette) too

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Years ago, perhaps around 2013 someone posted a pic of a similar watch. It may have been an earlier version of this brand - a blue diver but I seem to remember the case angles were softer. Also somewhat brighter blue and I recall thinking the crown looking exposed as I’m used to the Sub’s crown guards. I really liked it but had recently got a Sub and swapped out the black dial and bezel for smurf blue so didn’t see the need for another blue diver. Wish I could remember the brand if it wasn’t actually Helios. These and the Deep Blues seem to be really pinching above their weight in terms of a PMW that really look a lot more expensive than they are. Among my favourite boutique brands plus I have a Belmoto (Magrette) too
I'm drawn to watch brands that offer a lot of bang for your buck. Out of all of these, nothing is on the level of Halios. I have the blue and the grey version of this watch (couldn't decide between the two, so kept both) and, whether on the bracelet or a sharp tropic strap, they look much nicer (and more expensive) than several $2 -3K watches I've tried on. Which has made it exceedingly difficult to obtain them nowadays as the current releases are selling out in minutes.

hmlarsson

Reaction score
Zodiac GMT 806.22.06
20210728_100933-0-test2ak-jpg.1830891

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks a lot better than Zelos's marketing photos on their website.
Their photos on the individual colorways are really basic. Seems like you need to join the Zelos Timepieces (not the regular Zelos) Facebook page to get some real life shots.

Although they always sell out so probably not a high priority.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The market is pretty limited for a budget 38mm diver. Went with an Islander ISL-05. It took me a while to get past the 420 logo but alas here we are.

View attachment 1647285
View attachment 1647286
The logo itself is unobtrusive and not being a weed man the 420 reference would have completely escaped me if you hadn’t mentioned it!
I quite like the look of this one although I expect it’s using a Seiko or Seiko clone movement. (Nothing wrong with that as long as the price is commensurate!) . I don’t like seeing dots or hash marks all around the bezel, like I said about the Halios pics posted above I much prefer a more sparse version. (Is that bezel ceramic?)
I still say that watches like these are missing a trick by not adding a GMT hand and making subtle use of that deep rehaut for an unobtrusive 24 hour scale!

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
The logo itself is unobtrusive and not being a weed man the 420 reference would have completely escaped me if you hadn’t mentioned it!
I quite like the look of this one although I expect it’s using a Seiko or Seiko clone movement. (Nothing wrong with that as long as the price is commensurate!) . I don’t like seeing dots or hash marks all around the bezel, like I said about the Halios pics posted above I much prefer a more sparse version. (Is that bezel ceramic?)
I still say that watches like these are missing a trick by not adding a GMT hand and making subtle use of that deep rehaut for an unobtrusive 24 hour scale!

Yes, it's essentially an SKX013 clone since it was discontinued a while back, but with better specs. It is a ceramic bezel. I read a review that sums it up best: "this is what Seiko should have made the SKX013".

The logo is fine, though it looks like an oddly placed small-seconds dial at times. I wish the seconds hand and minutes hand were longer and extended to the edge of the dial. I also really like when black dial divers have a dash of red somewhere. I think a red-tipped seconds hand would be a great detail on this watch.

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's essentially an SKX013 clone since it was discontinued a while back, but with better specs. It is a ceramic bezel. I read a review that sums it up best: "this is what Seiko should have made the SKX013".

The logo is fine, though it looks like an oddly placed small-seconds dial at times. I wish the seconds hand and minutes hand were longer and extended to the edge of the dial. I also really like when black dial divers have a dash of red somewhere. I think a red-tipped seconds hand would be a great detail on this watch.
That’s a fair comment about the hands. If we’re talking dive functionality here it would enhance accuracy of reading if the minute hand in particular extended to the train tracks.

I use my Seiko Prospex PADI for diving. It has an arrow shaped minute hand similar to yours, the extended tip is a bit short of the minute track and the green lume is outlined in red making it very easy on the eye underwater.

5100D1D8-5E39-48D3-B1B6-AB806152731F.jpeg

standaloneprotein

Reaction score
Seiko SRPG61. I'm not into divers but this watch really caught my attention and ended up buying it. The color combination is not as versatile though. Hard to capture the intricacies of the dial but it looks really nice, more like the moon surface instead of cement as described.

Attachments

• IMG_20210802_221440.jpg
    IMG_20210802_221440.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 20210802_221657.jpg
    20210802_221657.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 34

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads