• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, pure luck on my part. Just happened to check out WUS Saturday night right after someone announced the watches went live early and grabbed one. The Huckberry thing was ridiculous: releasing them 12 hours early and then sending an email announcing the watch 12 hours after it sold out. What was even weirder is that Huckberry started cancelling orders on Monday, which caused watches to become available for purchase again. I thought about picking up a green one when I saw that Monday, but decided I like the blue better.

The blue is definitely the one to get. The green was cool but I think the blue is just much more versatile.

All that said, I really want the pastel blue one that Halios released in their very first batch. They've removed it from the Halios website but I read on the WUS that somebody confirmed that they are planning to bring it back.

Either way, all of the colors have been really sharp looking.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The blue is definitely the one to get. The green was cool but I think the blue is just much more versatile.

All that said, I really want the pastel blue one that Halios released in their very first batch. They've removed it from the Halios website but I read on the WUS that somebody confirmed that they are planning to bring it back.

Either way, all of the colors have been really sharp looking.

I recall an IG comment from Jason that pastel blue Universa is coming back, so you should be good. I'm looking to get the pastel blue Seaforth in late 2021/early 2022 when those come out and . . . fingers crossed . . . should be done with Halios acquisitions.

I was looking at my watch boxes last night and thought that I could totally get down to 20 watches. Three of those 20 are Halios, which says something about how awesome the watches are.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at my watch boxes last night and thought that I could totally get down to 20 watches. Three of those 20 are Halios, which says something about how awesome the watches are.

I've got a Halios Puck that I searched and searched for for a couple of years and finally scored about a year ago. I have yet to actually adjust the bracelet and wear it. Maybe I'll do that this afternoon...

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost the 4th.
4E82C008-4D0F-4A80-B47F-883409CD2C4D.jpeg

basu13

Reaction score
Washed the car and bike so switched to a rubber strap.
View attachment 1634659

The Seiko Tuna is a true classic tool watch. I myself have the SBBN 033 which is this same watch but with the next gen hands.Love the Tuna's legibility and wearability even on a small wrist. The lug to lug distance of 44.5 mm is an engineering marvel, really. And of course, who can forget the searing nuclear lume!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washed the car and bike so switched to a rubber strap.
View attachment 1634659

The Seiko Tuna is a true classic tool watch. I myself have the SBBN 033 which is this same watch but with the next gen hands.Love the Tuna's legibility and wearability even on a small wrist. The lug to lug distance of 44.5 mm is an engineering marvel, really. And of course, who can forget the searing nuclear lume!

Agreed on all counts with @basu13 - The Tuna is phenomenal.

I've been wearing my SBBN007 for the past few days including a stint at the beach for the 4th. And though I was never diving down below about 5' of water, it was always very legible for me (I was thankful for the clear water in Lake Huron this weekend). I've had a handful of different Tunas including a Darth Tuna and a Spring Drive (as well as a few other SBBN) and the SBBN is definitely the best sized and most comfortable.

My particular watch was built in January 1999 and it's actually still on it's original battery. Every time I put it away and then pull it out a few months later, I'm always holding my breath until I see if that second hand is moving properly. So far so good!

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seiko does do classic divers well. Here's my 15-year-old SKX007 from a month ago on a then-new Crown & Buckle chevron strap. I now wear it mostly on weekends doing outdoors work and to the beach. If I didn't already have this, I'd be looking for a Tuna or something like it, maybe not quite as chunky. I love the SLA037, but $6,300 for it is a little too rich for my blood.

aJZdNfIl.jpg

monkey66

Reaction score
Christopher Ward pre-sale sale is on for 24hrs.

Some great prices up to 50% off.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Want a Seiko mini turtle

Should have been the new SKX, but Seiko has a knack for cancelling good watches before anyone even knows about them. You'll probably have to pay 500 or more now for one, with a 4R movement no less :(

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great! I have the exact same one (except no lume at 3:00); it's hard to find a strap that it doesn't look good on.

Thank you. Just got them a few days ago. Screw down crown is a bit stiff in my view. Other than that love the watch. The bracelet is very nice but not adjusted yet, so I am wearing them on the strap. Thinking of getting a brown leather strap for them as well )

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics