• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eBay is less actually... by like $15. So not too big of a difference.
Just curious

maybe if someone to buy directly from Jomashop they would get the 2 year warranty from Joma versus 30 day money back from eBay.
Curious. I've had great fortune buying directly from Joma, btw. Several watches beyond the pmw range for that matter.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Titanium Scuba Shogun today...

20210427_163517.jpg

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I originally bought this one in 2015 as one of my first mechanical watches, wore it for a year and then packed it away because it was too much of an in between watch for me. Too big and reflective to be a dressy watch for work and never bonded with it as a casual watch, especially on a croc strap.

I pulled it out today and put it in this blue nato. I kind of like it and may put it back in my rotation.
62533C51-9D24-417F-B316-2083A6435D4C.jpeg

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ That's a quite nice watch. And I can see why you wouldn't want it on a gator strap. Not being a fan of the Nato bulk I did a quick 'marine watch' image search to see if a nice alternative came up. I was expecting some more casual leather straps to suit it best, but I found I like this one the most:

1619635448784.png

- I think the courser weave and the two tone colour scheme makes for a very nice nautically styled pairing (and it'll sit closer to the wrist and have none of those extra and unsightly Nato bits).

I'm guessing it's one like this one.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I originally bought this one in 2015 as one of my first mechanical watches, wore it for a year and then packed it away because it was too much of an in between watch for me. Too big and reflective to be a dressy watch for work and never bonded with it as a casual watch, especially on a croc strap.

I pulled it out today and put it in this blue nato. I kind of like it and may put it back in my rotation.
View attachment 1601166
^ That's a quite nice watch. And I can see why you wouldn't want it on a gator strap. Not being a fan of the Nato bulk I did a quick 'marine watch' image search to see if a nice alternative came up. I was expecting some more casual leather straps to suit it best, but I found I like this one the most:

View attachment 1601202

- I think the courser weave and the two tone colour scheme makes for a very nice nautically styled pairing (and it'll sit closer to the wrist and have none of those extra and unsightly Nato bits).

Those are both super.
I love Stowa and especially the MO; it is one of my favorite watches.
(EDIT: But I do think that that double-pass NATO is too bulky (and too slick as Kaplan points out) for your watch, @New Shoes1).

For the strap I switch between the original Stowa Cognac Croco, a RIOS1931 Navy Blue Croco on Stowa deployant (no photos), and either a Clockwork Synergy Navy Blue perlon or a Eulit "Kristall" Blue perlon (the Eulit "Palma" (those have a great weave/texture) Royal Blue (they do not make "Palma" in Navy Blue) perlon was too bright imo, but the comparison photo might help if someone is considering it). All the fabric straps are single-pass; for me double-pass are too bulky and the extra hardware is too much.

I sometimes think of buying a ColaReb Roma suede strap for it, but then I never do. I think I would not really like a suede strap long-term; feel one might look too incongruent and/or faddish on this particular watch.

Stowa Marine Original Sunphase_03.jpg

Stowa Marine Original_in cantiere_04.JPG

Stowa MO_CS Navy Blue Perlon strap_01_2019-07-10.JPG

2019-07-29_Piccola con Stowa MO_01.JPG

Stowa MO_CS + Eulit Kristall Blue Perlon straps_02_2019-07-10.JPG

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1601202

I like that look. One of the other options I experimented with today was a very similar gray Crown & Buckle Chevron strap, which I like for the reason you mention: less bulk and hardware. I went with the nato because I like how the blue matches with the blued hands, but, unfortunately, C&B does not have a navy chevron (their Night version is almost black). That picture, though, is making me want to change it out to the grey strap again, though.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are both super.
I love my MO, it is one of my favorite watches.

For the strap I switch between the original Stowa Cognac Croco, a RIOS1931 Navy Blue Croco on Stowa deployant (no photos), and either a Clockwork Synergy Navy Blue perlon or a Eulit "Kristall" Blue perlon (the Eulit "Palma" (those have a great weave/texture) Royal Blue (they do not make "Palma" in Navy Blue) perlon was too bright imo, but the comparison photo might help if someone is considering it). All the fabric straps are single-pass; for me double-pass are too bulky and the extra hardware is too much.

I sometimes think of buying a ColaReb Roma suede strap for it, but then I never do. I think I would not really like it long-term but I do not know why unless I try.

View attachment 1601227

View attachment 1601232

View attachment 1601233

View attachment 1601234

View attachment 1601235
These look good. I need to experiment a little bit as I work this one back into the rotation.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, tried out a few 20 mm parachute straps and the Chevron in 22mm. I think I like the Erika’s Original the best, something about the white stripe and the white dial.
View attachment 1601260

View attachment 1601261
View attachment 1601262
I like Erika's MN too, but not so much on that watch. I like it the least, just my reaction. I find the stripe distracting and incongruent given the sobriety and elegance of the MO dial. I do like the middle silver-grey strap there. It looks lively and interesting, not bland but neither over the top.

I have thought of buying an Erika's MN "Mirage" in Grey/Yellow for my Damasko DA36, where the strap, dark-grey case, and black dial w/yellow seconds are all much more relaxed and utilitarian than the Stowa MO (esp MO with polished case). But...maybe too matchy-matchy even then....

Damasko DA36_In Ara Coeli_04-05-2019_03.jpg

2019-08-03_Damasko DA36 Nel blu dipinto, dipinto di blu.JPG

cardo e decumano_06_2019-07-21_Damasko DA36 On The Moon_03.2b_600.jpg

s_mirage_yellow_m.png

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Erika's MN too, but not so much on that watch. I like it the least, just my reaction. I find the stripe distracting and incongruent given the sobriety and elegance of the MO dial. I do like the middle silver-grey strap there. It looks lively and interesting, not bland but neither over the top.

I have thought of buying an Erika's MN "Mirage" in Grey/Yellow for my Damasko DA36, where the strap, dark-grey case, and black dial w/yellow seconds are all much more relaxed and utilitarian than the Stowa MO (esp MO with polished case). But...maybe too matchy-matchy even then....

View attachment 1601273

View attachment 1601269

View attachment 1601270

s_mirage_yellow_m.png

I'm trying to break free from the constraints you want to put on the MO because they're the reason I've not worn it in 5 years. I used to wear it on the croc strap exclusively because I felt like it needed to be dressy and sober, especially with the polished case. The size, though. A white 41 mm dial and case that is 12-13 mm tall is a big watch more typical of a casual/sporty watch. It's the same reason I always like the big IWC automatics in pictures until I see them on my wrist and struggle with when and how I would wear them. My gut is that I want to go with a navy Erika's strap with either a white, grey or light blue stripe to make this watch something I would enjoy wearing again. I just wish it had 20 mm lugs because that's where all my strap options fall currently.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads