• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For some reason, I don’t wear this one much. Put it on today, though. It’s the only field watch I own.
365F1A3A-CD06-427B-96A8-960A0F5B21BE.jpeg

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice Accutron. I've had a few over the years and really appreciate them. Here are my Valjoux 7750 pieces:

Gemini chrono
View attachment 1584694

VX-200 Coke (passed on to my son). Bold, beautiful watch w/ incredibly comfortable & beautiful bracelet.
View attachment 1584695

Blue VX-200 - same as above, but blue dial & blue bezel. Handed down to nephew.
View attachment 1584697
Borrowed image from net.
I spent 15 minutes trying to find the first watch online and struck out.........where did you get it?

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spent 15 minutes trying to find the first watch online and struck out.........where did you get it?
The Gemini chrono is nearly 20 years old. My GF bought it for me from an internet retailer (possibly Blue Dial, or similar). It came standard on a gorgeous bracelet, like many early Accutrons, but she also bought an Accutron brown alligator bracelet & butterfly deployant for it. I'm sure she overpaid, but she's always Ioved it. It's a beautiful timepiece.

20190826_182711.jpg
20151231_152904.jpg
20170815_204746.jpg

It was available in a few different colors. The blue dialed version was interesting.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Bulova doesn't do mechanical chrono anymore

Last edited:

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nice, but it's only the lonely limited edition and doesn't even appear on the international website to which anybody outside the US is redirected.

nzahir

Reaction score
Hey guys as a professional in his young 20s, I feel like I will need to pick up a couple of watches for certain events.

I am not a big fan of watches, or having anything on my wrist, so I feel like leather will be more comfortable, right? And leather is more formal than steel right?

Where can I look to get started?

Some brands I have seen that have some models I like

Junghans
Orient
Bulova
Seiko

Are any of these decent for someone not looking to break the bank? Some decent prices on ebay as well (looking for new ones)

Goofy

Reaction score
Hey guys as a professional in his young 20s, I feel like I will need to pick up a couple of watches for certain events.

I am not a big fan of watches, or having anything on my wrist, so I feel like leather will be more comfortable, right? And leather is more formal than steel right?

Junghans
Orient
Bulova
Seiko

Are any of these decent for someone not looking to break the bank? Some decent prices on ebay as well (looking for new ones)
If it’s an affordable watch on a leather strap you seek, I suggest Junghans‘s max bill line or Seiko’s presage cocktail time line. Also checkout Nomos, a German manufacturer which has a lovely array of watches on leather straps. It’s excellent value for money given their watches are completely manufactured in house, albeit a bit more expensive.

Last edited:

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Junghans
Orient
Bulova
Seiko

What's your budget? I'd throw Hamilton in the mix based on everything else you've listed.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got some new foam for one of my Pelican Cases and was able to put most of my Seikos in one spot. Not pictured: another MM300, two solar chronos, two more Sumos, an orange titanium Samurai, and a couple older SUS. I either need a bigger box or to part ways with some.

6EA957B8-6FF8-447E-BAD5-7C350219A47B.jpeg

Edit: Also not included is the yellow BFK I forgot was on my wrist.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My other case with a nice mix of higher end (Sinn), middle-of-the-road (Squale) and true Poor Man’s territory (Scurfa). Something from here will have to find a new home soon though as I’ve got a Sinn U50 on its way to me sometime this spring.

BA9BF64C-F6CD-4F61-AB9B-740EB289278C.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads