• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't worn this guy in a while.
20210326_115422.jpg
20210326_120111.jpg

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As Ian Malcolm says in Jurassic Park - ‘Just because you could, doesn’t mean that you should!’

Well, no one actually should be wearing a pocket watch on the wrist but if you really want to, that would be the best solution versus damaging the watch case with welding.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got my Bulova Accutron yesterday! Will post wrist pics this afternoon, unless I get lost in the tunnel on my lunch break looking for the jeweler to adjust the bracelet.

The case seems slightly too big on me, but I think I can make it work if I just stick with the steel bracelet. Putting a strap on it will make the size seem obvious as it will draw attention to the lugs rather than blend in and obfuscate them as the end links of the bracelet would.

Also, was not expecting this kind of quality on a 150 dollar quartz watch. This sucker is heavy and the finish is very nice.

HC6wvqh.jpg

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't been interested in a new non-diver Seiko in a very long time, but this one is really growing on me:

SPB245
1617128724096.png

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not bad. I normally find the non-diver, dressier style Seikos generic and boring looking. The dial on this one is pretty cool!

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't been interested in a new non-diver Seiko in a very long time, but this one is really growing on me:

SPB245
View attachment 1584360

I like the green version best too. You'd have to source a bracelet, but that green dial, the markers and 39 mm size are very nice. Seiko has been hitting some serious home runs lately with its various 6R35 models. I've had my 62MAS reissue and 42 mm (mini marine master) on my wrist a ton this week.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the green version best too. You'd have to source a bracelet, but that green dial, the markers and 39 mm size are very nice. Seiko has been hitting some serious home runs lately with its various 6R35 models. I've had my 62MAS reissue and 42 mm (mini marine master) on my wrist a ton this week.

In the past I've found Seiko leather straps to be pretty crappy, even on some of their higher end Presage pieces but some of the reviews I've seen of this one say that it's pretty good quality for the price. Bonus points that the strap has a deployant-style buckle, which I've always thought was a nice touch on "dressier" leather watches.

FWIW, the matching bracelets for the previous generation of Alpinists were also pretty awful.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the past I've found Seiko leather straps to be pretty crappy, even on some of their higher end Presage pieces but some of the reviews I've seen of this one say that it's pretty good quality for the price. Bonus points that the strap has a deployant-style buckle, which I've always thought was a nice touch on "dressier" leather watches.

FWIW, the matching bracelets for the previous generation of Alpinists were also pretty awful.
My guess is that the bracelet that will come with it will be a step up, but still not at the level you would expect. The bracelets I got with my 6R35 Seiko's were nicer than the normal Prospex bracelet, but still not on the level of the bracelets you're getting from brands like Helson, Nodus or Halios.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, was not expecting this kind of quality on a 150 dollar quartz watch. This sucker is heavy and the finish is very nice.
I've owned three or four Bulova/Accutrons over the years and the quality has always been better than expected. The bracelets on a couple have been exceptional.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my Bulova Accutron yesterday! Will post wrist pics this afternoon, unless I get lost in the tunnel on my lunch break looking for the jeweler to adjust the bracelet.

The case seems slightly too big on me, but I think I can make it work if I just stick with the steel bracelet. Putting a strap on it will make the size seem obvious as it will draw attention to the lugs rather than blend in and obfuscate them as the end links of the bracelet would.

HC6wvqh.jpg
Nice Accutron. I've had a few over the years and really appreciate them. Here are my Valjoux 7750 pieces:

Gemini chrono
20160112_172746.jpg

VX-200 Coke (passed on to my son). Bold, beautiful watch w/ incredibly comfortable & beautiful bracelet.
20201004_095626.jpg

Blue VX-200 - same as above, but blue dial & blue bezel. Handed down to nephew.
Screenshot_20210331-023245_Chrome.jpg

Borrowed image from net.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice! Bracelet resize was a no-go as all the jewelers in the downtown Houston tunnels have closed down; I'll have to wait until the weekend to get it sized and decide whether I can pull it off, otherwise I'll have to return it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads