• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what do you think about this Orient Star ??
Automatic and Sapphire Glass
454358124-orient-star-contemporay-modern-skeleton-wz0201dk-1000x1000.jpg
I really like the colors on that.
But I’m not a fan of open hearts, and it’s overall too busy.
It’s like they started with a beautiful watch and screwed it up.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what do you think about this Orient Star ??
Automatic and Sapphire Glass
454358124-orient-star-contemporay-modern-skeleton-wz0201dk-1000x1000.jpg

Looks nice but not my style. As far as Orients go, which I'm not a fan of generally, it looks pretty good.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like the colors on that.
But I’m not a fan of open hearts, and it’s overall too busy.
It’s like they started with a beautiful watch and screwed it up.
Same. I feel like Orient often overloads their dress watches. It's too bad, they're great bang for the buck watches.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Yeah, not sure about that Orient. It's too busy and i don't like the font on the logo, it doesn't blend with the watch. Sorry.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ is the bracelet removable? I don't dislike the bracelet but it looks like a hair-puller and the watch would look better on a NATO imo.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ is the bracelet removable? I don't dislike the bracelet but it looks like a hair-puller and the watch would look better on a NATO imo.

Confirmed hair puller. Yes it's removable from the back.

It's a great watch. I really like mine.

Which color did you get? Was waffling forever between this, the white face, and the black with green.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got my watch. I like all the design elements but...I think it is too many design elements.

If there were no faux rivets on the case I think that would be enough. The alarm....eh, I actually don't think it does anything. The band is much more solid and less fuzzy look than what the photos on Drop made them out to be. The hands are blue but not really noticeably blue except in certain angles.

However, it is still a really pretty watch but I don't know that I won't be trying to offload it soon.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my watch. I like all the design elements but...I think it is too many design elements.

If there were no faux rivets on the case I think that would be enough. The alarm....eh, I actually don't think it does anything. The band is much more solid and less fuzzy look than what the photos on Drop made them out to be. The hands are blue but not really noticeably blue except in certain angles.

However, it is still a really pretty watch but I don't know that I won't be trying to offload it soon.
Did you order/get the Green one you were thinking about?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You got this instead of? Fair enough. Didn't k ow if you treated yourself to two new timepieces :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads