• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My 10 yr old Certina. It's been absolutely bombproof, but it's long overdue for a service and cleaning
IMG_20200921_054230.jpg

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Although I'm perfectly happy with my 'every day' Seiko "Baby Turtle' and Stowa Antea KS for dress up, I came across this on Amazon and couldn't resist pulling the trigger.

Always gone back and forth over whether I really wanted a G-Shock or not b/c I always thought there was too much crap/words/branding all over the face of them, and I generally hate "tacticool". But a blacked out, milimalistic square...hell yeah. I'm excited to get it and use as an active/gym watch.

81ZifSVC86L._AC_UL1500_.jpg

DW-5600BB

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black and gold.

This vintage Caravelle arrived in the mail today. When I looked at it, I realized it was almost the exact opposite of the watch I was wearing.

Who wore it better, Caravelle or Undone?

9EDBE57D-FB76-4C3C-8F10-47B8DE649843.jpeg
3A570876-8E17-4A56-A040-E4E654F6B249.jpeg

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard great reviews on Lorier lately. I love that domed crystal, it's got some awesome distortion! :inlove:

Yeah, I could not be more thrilled. They completely nailed it as far as the dark blue color is concerned. Looks black in some light, dark blue in others. Love the small bezel with the domed plexiglass crystal. The 39 mm size is a dream on the wrist. The bracelet also surprised me with how nice it was for a $500 watch. Was also nice that it uses screws and I could size it myself.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be shot for saying anything negative about Rolex or Tudor in the other thread, but I kind of like my Lorier better than the new BB58 blue. Not a fan of the new BB58 blue.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got my Casio G-Shock. It was a bust, literally. Can arrived dented and the upper left "A" button is permanently depressed. Guess it's time for a refund! May be for the best, it is not terribly legible anyway.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the $1K limit set almost 10 years ago, I figure inflation, at the very least, gives us some wiggle room, especially if it's under $2K. I know I have some watches purchased 5 years ago that were under $1K when purchased new (and posted here), but now new versions sell in the $1K - $1,500 range.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads