• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that beefy diver but not the sinister lefty crown!

Funny how when you get into watches you get very nit-picky preferences which can be make or break when it comes to pulling the trigger on a purchase

Kap posted a tank with a nice case and bracelet but heinously large numbers.

I really like that Hamilton GMT that Jazz posted recently, but the second hand looks backwards and the GMT hand is ridiculously short.

I have a preference for divers but don’t like long second hash marks, along with hash marks all around the bezel.

And I‘ve mentioned many times I don’t like date windows at 4 o clock. 3 or 6 is fine by me! I also don’t like dates on a sub dial, not on the flange of the main dial with a long pointer.

I hear you about being nit-picky about certain things. I'm with you on the date window. 3:00 is my preference and while a 4:00 or 6:00 date window isn't a deal breaker, dates on subdials are.

As for the LHD, I'm a lefty and wear my watch on the right wrist. I have a few LHD watches and generally don't care one way or another because my stubby sausage fingers aren't really nimble enough to use the crown while the watch is on my wrist no matter which side it's on... except with this watch. Because it's so beefy, the watch sits high enough on my wrist that it's pretty easy to operate the crown while I'm wearing it.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paid +/- $135 for this guy at Costco. It seems to get a lot of wears......great bang for the buck.
20200623_101802.jpg
20200623_131031.jpg

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Here is my poor man's rolex )

Adsky%2Brolex%2Bmay%2B2020%2B3.jpg

My Mako 3... which some people at Orient USA decided to call Kamasu for some reason (which I don't think is correct actually).

I only have had and been wearing it on and off since Feb this year but can say nothing but good about the watch.

Orient%2BKamasu%2BLE%2Bfeb%2B2020%2B22.jpg

For added bragging rights (whatever...) this one happens to be a LE - 2018 Limited Edition Orient RA-AA 0007A09A to be exact - only 2000 pieces for the whole world too! And mostly sold out everywhere by now I believe.

Orient%2BKamasu%2BLE%2Bfeb%2B2020%2B21.jpg

One of the highlights is a blue mother of pearl (MOP) dial... but I also appreciate the rich gold-toned (copper?) bezel which means you can wear it with a gold signet on the same hand without committing a bookable style offense (as in combining stainless steel with gold-toned).

Some people over on watchuseek have been complaining about the quality of the hand wind but, personally, I have had not a hint of trouble so far in that or any other department.

Orient%2BKamasu%2BLE%2Bfeb%2B2020%2B8.jpg

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Here is another staple of mine for this summer at the very least and probably for much longer as funds will hardly permit another watch purchase any time soon ) but then this is the right thread

Orient%2Bmako%2Bxl%2Bjan%2B2020%2B17.jpg

Big Mako XL black dial & bezel. Automatic only, "Seiko" shake rules.

Orient%2Bmako%2Bxl%2Bjan%2B2020%2B28.jpg

This watch is definitely not for wearing under a dress shirt cuff but then it is (nominally) a diver's.

Mako and some other fish

Mako%2527s%2Blunch%2Bfeb%2B2020%2B2.jpg

Mako%2527s%2Blunch%2Bfeb%2B2020%2B1.jpg

Le Mako Noir et Encre Noire
Encre%2Bnoire%2Bfeb%2B2020%2B33.jpg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been going back and forth between these two this week. One is poor man approved, the other is above our general limit. Both are pretty damn accurate though.

06C7F099-09F9-465A-B62B-503F9C52886A.jpeg

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just slightly over the limit here, but I am blown away by the new Seiko homage of its original 62MAS. Just an incredible vintage driver and the quality is night and day compared with all my other Seiko's, including my Shogun (which is just south of $1,000). The quality of the case, the bracelet, the dial (with applied indices) and the domed crystal is awesome.

Here are a few pictures:

MAS2.jpg

MAS3.jpg

MAS4.jpg

MAS5.jpg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@New Shoes1 - That is a gorgeous Seiko! I’ve been really tempted by those but want to sell off a few other pieces first to clear some space as my collection is overflowing.

All the reviews I’ve seen, professional and hobbyists alike, have been glowing. I’m glad these ones aren’t limited editions so even if I don’t grab one now, I shouldn’t have a hard time finding one a few months down the line.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@New Shoes1 - That is a gorgeous Seiko! I’ve been really tempted by those but want to sell off a few other pieces first to clear some space as my collection is overflowing.

All the reviews I’ve seen, professional and hobbyists alike, have been glowing. I’m glad these ones aren’t limited editions so even if I don’t grab one now, I shouldn’t have a hard time finding one a few months down the line.

Quality wise, I'd put it pretty close to my Oris Divers' 65 and Aquis. Not at the same level, but pretty close. Seiko really stepped up its game on this one. Even the bracelet is a big improvement from the normal 6R15 movement Prospex watches.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads