• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
0C3CE53D-49C7-4072-B75A-091C21644917.jpeg

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Planning to put this on eBay on Sunday but thought I may as well see if anyone here is interested beforehand.

2006 CWC G10 Army issued watch but never worn. Nice patina to Tritium due to years in storage. On a brand new CWC nato.

65AEA3E5-F852-43C2-AFB0-A9705CF2C13D.jpeg
80D35E68-5205-43E1-9B46-A9CF98873A77.jpeg

PM for more info if interested. I’m in UK but could ship worldwide.

Tektura

Reaction score
First experience with a dresswatch. I‘m used to wear Panerai now for a long time and this are my first step into more elegant watches. Overall well done Baume et Mercier. Inhouse-Movement with some usp like 120h, big magnetic resistent for a really attractive price. Great found on c24 for 1200EUR. Really happy with this Baumatic. Great fit for more formal occasions.

D241B518-A254-437F-8956-6E6E8B6517D7.jpeg

jiredell

Reaction score
I know the pic isn't very good, and that the watch doesn't even look that nice, but it's more the story here--also, looking for watchmaker suggestions in the Atlanta area, if y'all have any.

Found this Omega (Geneve, Cal 613, ~1969) and a Louvic automatic ladies watch in a junk shop a couple years ago. This watch was crusted with dirt when I found it. I cleaned it off with an old toothbrush, and was able to pull the crown and set the time. It ticked for about five seconds and stopped. I wasn't surprised. I took both watches to Bowers watch and clock repair here in Atlanta--a place with a great reputation. The Louvic was serviced, and I gave it as a gift to my wife--runs great. The Omega the watchmaker told me was toast. The movement was corroded, and there wasn't much of a point in trying to find repair parts (I'd have to find a donor watch, and at that point, I might as well just buy another, working, watch).

None of this really bothered me. I paid almost nothing for both watches, and I love vintage watches, and the thrill of finding something in like an antique shop or at a yard sale or something, etc. And I've already a pretty decent--for me--collection of working vintage watches. But, the other day I was thinking about this watch, and I thought I'd just set the time and see if I could wind it and, I dunno, just see what happened. Well it started running. And it's been running now for a couple days, and keeping perfect time (I did not set the date, and haven't done so, thinking I'd jinx the whole thing). Anyway, for the time being (pun intended), I'm just keeping it wound and running.

Anyway, my thought is that I could probably use a second opinion when it comes to a watchmaker giving this movement a service, which I'm sure it needs, despite the fact that it is (so far) keeping great time. I have no sentimental attachment to the watch, so it's not worth it, to me, to send it to Omega for a restoration (according to their website, it's $1,500; $1,500 that I'd gladly spend on something else).

So, if anyone has a recommendation for an excellent watchmaker who can service old Omegas, I'd appreciate your suggestions. Barring that, if this sucker will run when I decide to wear it, I'll just keep on keeping on.
img_4278-jpg.1341757

Attachments

• IMG_4278.jpg
    IMG_4278.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My new Scurfa Bell Diver 1 with their polished new bracelet. Pictures don’t do this thing justice but Scurfa continues to be one of my favorite microbrands.

4A2E3DA7-6E44-460C-A141-8ABEE72BAA57.jpeg
074DC4D7-6FF0-48FF-B297-CDDB15900041.jpeg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like the look of that one.
These endless displays of decent PMWs explain to me how people end up like Roger and Jazz with ever expanding collections. It’s hard to see a watch like that and not set off on an internet search to see if one can be had easily and cheaply!

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like the look of that one.
These endless displays of decent PMWs explain to me how people end up like Roger and Jazz with ever expanding collections. It’s hard to see a watch like that and not set off on an internet search to see if one can be had easily and cheaply!
Nailed it, just have to stop looking which is impossible in this computer age.......:hide: Everywhere I go on the internet the watches follow me.

internet temptations.JPG

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads