• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Armand Nicolet excellent quality for the price.
20200106_081125.jpg
20200106_160658.jpg

Last edited:

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello. New here and I hope this is the correct thread for this brand/type of watch.

I acquired a Seiko SKX007-J several years back after reading up on them. I like the quality of Japanese automatic movements and didn't want to just settle on a current Malaysia made model. I watched eBay, eventually got the right one and really enjoy it. After that I instantly wanted the SKX009-J Pepsi. I watched eBay off and on for about 3 years before grabbing a nice one from a US seller back in late December.

seiko.JPG

It came with the standard rubber dive strap. I knew I wanted a stainless oyster band and was most likely going to get a Strapcode one. I then learned about Unkle Seiko and his company, who offer Seiko accessories. I had read of their quality and saw some pictorials on other forums, then pulled the trigger on one of his Super Oyster bands. Shipping was fast and the quality is quite good. Great precision machining on the solid end links.

I managed to put the band on fine with tools, but getting the link pins out to reduce size was beyond my tooling. I took it down to a good watch shop where they adjusted it in a few mins for cheap. Fit is great now and I'm really happy with how comfortable it is. I love the finish quality and details like the U logo on the clasp.

seiko-2.JPG

Thanks for having me. :cheers:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello. New here and I hope this is the correct thread for this brand/type of watch.

I acquired a Seiko SKX007-J several years back after reading up on them. I like the quality of Japanese automatic movements and didn't want to just settle on a current Malaysia made model. I watched eBay, eventually got the right one and really enjoy it. After that I instantly wanted the SKX009-J Pepsi. I watched eBay off and on for about 3 years before grabbing a nice one from a US seller back in late December.

View attachment 1312197

It came with the standard rubber dive strap. I knew I wanted a stainless oyster band and was most likely going to get a Strapcode one. I then learned about Unkle Seiko and his company, who offer Seiko accessories. I had read of their quality and saw some pictorials on other forums, then pulled the trigger on one of his Super Oyster bands. Shipping was fast and the quality is quite good. Great precision machining on the solid end links.

I managed to put the band on fine with tools, but getting the link pins out to reduce size was beyond my tooling. I took it down to a good watch shop where they adjusted it in a few mins for cheap. Fit is great now and I'm really happy with how comfortable it is. I love the finish quality and details like the U logo on the clasp.

View attachment 1312198

Thanks for having me. :cheers:

Welcome and I’m glad to read you’re enjoying your Uncle Seiko bracelet. I’ve got a couple tropic rubber straps from them and think they are one of the best values out there. I’ve found bracelets from Strapcode to be sort of hit or miss in terms of fit and finish quality. Maybe I’ll check out Uncle Seiko next time I’m in the market for one.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome and I’m glad to read you’re enjoying your Uncle Seiko bracelet. I’ve got a couple tropic rubber straps from them and think they are one of the best values out there. I’ve found bracelets from Strapcode to be sort of hit or miss in terms of fit and finish quality. Maybe I’ll check out Uncle Seiko next time I’m in the market for one.

My experience has been the same. I basically don't bother with them any more. And for the most part, I find Seiko OEM bracelets to be just fine.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SBCZ005 “Grey Ghost” kinetic diver today.

08F4D550-B342-4139-92CC-A7D5A2EA8109.jpeg
906151FD-BDCB-4829-BF8A-C3E3C703CE11.jpeg

My experience has been the same. I basically don't bother with them any more. And for the most part, I find Seiko OEM bracelets to be just fine.

I agree about Seiko OEM bracelets working fine. The one exception I’ve found was the bracelet that you could get for the Seiko Alpinist - it felt cheap and flimsy and had no micro adjust. If I still had that watch and wanted a bracelet for it, I’d definitely go aftermarket

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The more I look at this, the more I think it's a pretty little watch.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Same. I got used to the trash 5 bracelets and was expecting to have to fork over some money for a solid 316 oyster when I got my Baby Turtle, but, the OEM is surprisingly decent. Solid end links are good enough for me.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The more I look at this, the more I think it's a pretty little watch.

Really killer watch; I owned one for a couple of years, but after a while, didn't reach for it too often, so I sold it to a friend who really loved it.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads