• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I like that. Also agree on enjoying posting here so much more. I picked up an Oris Divers 65 this week that I am really enjoying, but have not posted any pictures because it's over the limit for this thread.
As long as it's not a watch that costs as much as a house and a couple of cars.....I don't think anybody will mind.:fonz:

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My goal of thinning my collection in 2020 is off to a bad start. It's only January 3rd and I've already got two more watches inbound!

I need to figure out some pieces from my collection to sell but I'm usually too lazy to get some good photos.
My dear friend, you are not the only one.....I didn't buy anything all year but then the cyber sales hit and I fell off the wagon with a thud....actually sent one back (a small step).:crazy:
My problem is that I can not seem to let anything go. I put a few up for sale but then I get obnoxious low ball offers that piss me off so I take them down.........

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This guy came up on the Facebook Buy/Sell/Trade Wristwatches thread. Since I can not possibly live with myself if I buy another watch I thought I would tempt you guys......$350 shipped (new)
I'll add the link but not sure if it will work.
vostok.JPG

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ I like that. Also agree on enjoying posting here so much more. I picked up an Oris Divers 65 this week that I am really enjoying, but have not posted any pictures because it's over the limit for this thread.

Post it up! I love the Divers 65 with the blue face and blocks around the hours at 3-6-9-12. I was back and forth on getting one for a while and then tried one on and now it’s on my short list.

As for what’s welcome in this thread - some like to say there’s a $1000 limit but I think that’s too rigid. Over the last few years the other thread has devolved into nothing but Rolex, Patek, AP and other 5-figure watches and people talking about how many Datejusts they had to buy to get on their AD’s good side so they could get a Sub. I’d love to see a wider range of watches here, even the higher end Seiko and Grand Seiko or Oris, Longines, or smaller brands like Sinn or Damasko or some pricier micros…

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This was my dad's college graduation present for me. Great watch really gorgeous but.....like when am i going to wear a pocket watch. View attachment 1309518 View attachment 1309519 View attachment 1309519
I forgot that another reason I haven't taken this out of storage is because i never used it and then not knowing better a few years ago i wound it too tightly and it doesn't keep time. Im not exactly keen on getting it serviced because of my lack of use for it. Maybe next year.

winghus

Reaction score
I'm not totally sure if this is the place but the pocketwatch post reminded me. Is there a trustworthy online watch repair place that can do a service/cleaning and replace the glass for my grandfather's pocketwatch? It's the Waltham watch he used every day while working the railroad and after retirement. He had the glass replaced at some point with some type of plastic which has yellowed and broken and I'd like a good replacement. I have that, his retirement watch, and his Bible and not much else to remember him. His second wife got rid of most of his stuff without even asking if any of his kids/grandkids wanted it.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
That might require some digging. but a long operating Watch store, who dealt with them at the time would be the starting point. looking for NOS replacement parts.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As for what’s welcome in this thread - some like to say there’s a $1000 limit but I think that’s too rigid. Over the last few years the other thread has devolved into nothing but Rolex, Patek, AP and other 5-figure watches and people talking about how many Datejusts they had to buy to get on their AD’s good side so they could get a Sub. I’d love to see a wider range of watches here, even the higher end Seiko and Grand Seiko or Oris, Longines, or smaller brands like Sinn or Damasko or some pricier micros…
Classic MC....

MrBailey

Reaction score
Authentic SEAGULL 1963 re-issue Question:

I've been wanting one of these for a while now but haven't pulled the trigger. I've gone through a ton of watch forums reddit etc about where to buy the "Authentic" Seagull 1963 with ST19 movement. From what I've gathered, that means the Prototype 304 from the Tianjin Watch Factory)

Can anyone on here please confirm this, and where I would be able to find, and purchase one?

Thanks, and I hope everyone is have a nice start to 2020.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After about a year of hunting one down, this one finally arrived this past weekend: Seiko SBCM023. It’s very similar to my SKX007 but it’s got a few advantages (IMO) including a high accuracy quartz engine with a perpetual calendar, drilled lugs, and a 39mm size compared to the 42mm of the SKX. Hardlex crystal isn’t a deal killer for me, but if this one had an AR-coated sapphire

8016E64F-DBA0-4934-83C5-DE3F19861F47.jpeg
View attachment 1311773 View attachment 1311774

Attachments

• E881B5BA-ADA9-4732-9E7F-AFE5E7FA633D.jpeg
    E881B5BA-ADA9-4732-9E7F-AFE5E7FA633D.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 5EF18D7C-3D06-4392-9D7A-8976C3F3E3FF.jpeg
    5EF18D7C-3D06-4392-9D7A-8976C3F3E3FF.jpeg
    363.6 KB · Views: 30

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads