• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't own an Omega...but other "higher" end brands(ex. Rolex), but I also looked at it as a fun summer watch. Nothing serious and something I can throw on with shorts and a T shirt just running errands or meeting up with friends.

I could also see myself wearing it in a casual setting...jeans...etc.

The Neptune is the one I wanted and I would have found it easy to throw on anytime:

single_card_variation_2_Neptune_670x670.jpg
What he said ^^

Plus of course the bragging rights of owning a GENUINE Omega for only $350 or whatever!

(Actually on the subject of beater watches I’ve been on the lookout for a proper (used) Speedmaster Moon Watch to use as a weekend beater. Still haven’t found the right one yet!)

Last edited:

bgsmith

Reaction score
What he said ^^

Plus of course the bragging rights of owning a GENUINE Omega for only $350 or whatever!

(Actually on the subject of beater watches I’ve been on the lookout for a proper (used) Seamaster Moon Watch to use as a weekend beater. Still haven’t found the right one yet!)
What is your budget? The cheapest route (this is the poor man’s watch thread after all) is probably the Speedmaster reduced, tons listed on Chrono24, reference 3510.50.00

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These Wards look great. I like the 36mm variants on photos.

I was very surprised with the GMT version.

52288935197_604d7dcbc5_b.jpg

52264059403_6448b3a815_b.jpg

52270090336_f539929e86_b.jpg

52264046751_b339ffaa7d_b.jpg
I really like them. Christopher Ward makes a very nice quality watch. The bracelet with the on-the-fly quick adjust is one of my favorite bracelets for any watch I own. It's up there with Monta quality-wise and I much prefer it to my Omega Aqua Terra bracelet. I also love the dials, applied indices and general aesthetic of these watches (much prefer the brushed bezel and bracelet to the bling of my Aqua Terra). The prices are starting to rise, but the quality is still very nice.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is your budget? The cheapest route (this is the poor man’s watch thread after all) is probably the Speedmaster reduced, tons listed on Chrono24, reference 3510.50.00
Nah I want a proper hesalite Moon Watch not a reduced.
Not so long ago they could be had for less than $4k but I think I’d be lucky to get a decent one for that now.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like them. Christopher Ward makes a very nice quality watch. The bracelet with the on-the-fly quick adjust is one of my favorite bracelets for any watch I own. It's up there with Monta quality-wise and I much prefer it to my Omega Aqua Terra bracelet. I also love the dials, applied indices and general aesthetic of these watches (much prefer the brushed bezel and bracelet to the bling of my Aqua Terra). The prices are starting to rise, but the quality is still very nice.

I like the bracelet as well, quick change and on-the-fly adjust in this price range are great. The only thing I wish for is the bracelet to be tapered and screw links. But even now it is a very good quality bracelet.

Another little (for me) thing with the C.Ward I have is that the date is not even aligned.

There is not that many nice white dial sport watches and this GMT is sure the nice one.

Last edited:

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not so long ago they could be had for less than $4k but I think I’d be lucky to get a decent one for that now.

Ya, I don't see many now under that. Doesn't help that the '21 and onward went CoAx and added almost $2k to the base price.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the bracelet as well, quick change and on-the-fly adjust in this price range are great. The only thing I wish for is the bracelet to be tapered and screw links. But even now it is a very good quality bracelet.

Another little (for me) thing with the C.Ward I have is that the date is not even aligned.

There is not that any nice white dial sport watches and this GMT is sure the nice one.

That's changing. The 36mm version tapers much more dramatically than the 39mm version. The clasp on the 36mm is 16mm as opposed to 18mm for the 39mm version. The bracelets for both versions are also now going to be double-sided screw links. I wish it was a normal screw link bracelet, instead of double-sided screws, but it's manageable.

I'd also reach out for customer service about the misaligned date. Their customer service is pretty top notch. I had misaligned text on a dial for the super compressor watch and they arranged for DHL to come to my house to pick it up, replaced the dial and had it back on my wrist 2-3 weeks later. I'm willing to bet they'd do the same for a misaligned date.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm signed up for the email promos list from Arizona Fine Time and they sent one out a bit earlier today promoting some pre-owned watches. Sometimes there are some good/interesting deals in there but this was not one of them:

Pre-owned Seiko SKX007 for $650, marked down from their normal price of $999! 😅 I know that the SKX007 has been discontinued and is still a highly sought after watch, but that price is comical.

1660845118762.png

Disclaimer: I've bought from Arizona Fine Time before and have no issues with them

bgsmith

Reaction score
Yup, I grabbed a slightly used, excellent condition hesalite 1861 about a year ago for a little under $5k, same watch, same condition is going for up to $5,500 now.

Irish95

Reaction score
I’ve had this for a few years, not a Moonwatch, but have really enjoyed owning it. I bought it used and the price has gone up surprisingly based on Chrono 24 numbers.
The second picture is for Jazz. My adopted buddy.
9EF8B317-2F66-4B65-9851-1F9A3F4CA85B.jpeg
9EF8B317-2F66-4B65-9851-1F9A3F4CA85B.jpeg
DF19E249-A92F-4A1B-A8B1-A454467575BD.jpeg
DF19E249-A92F-4A1B-A8B1-A454467575BD.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads