• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice.
Nice. Is your Seiko an SKX007? The outline around the day-date window looks different, and the "Diver's 200m" text on mine is red. Otherwise looks the same. I've had mine for 15+ years. Always a good beater diver to bring out from time to time.

I bought the G Shock a few months ago to replace an ancient Casio that was scratched to hell. This one fits and looks much better. Only gripe is the difficulty in using the buttons because of how recessed they are.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice.

Nice. Is your Seiko an SKX007? The outline around the day-date window looks different, and the "Diver's 200m" text on mine is red. Otherwise looks the same. I've had mine for 15+ years. Always a good beater diver to bring out from time to time.

I bought the G Shock a few months ago to replace an ancient Casio that was scratched to hell. This one fits and looks much better. Only gripe is the difficulty in using the buttons because of how recessed they are.
Yes it's an Skx007. I modded the dial to an SKX171 dial, raised indices and no red texts. Looks a little nicer haha.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What?
So twice a day (one of which in all likelihood you’ll miss through sleep) it will appear for a minute like you have a small rocket or torpedo in your watch?

Wow Seiko - next level engineering forethought on that one!😁

shoewarma

Reaction score
What?
So twice a day (one of which in all likelihood you’ll miss through sleep) it will appear for a minute like you have a small rocket or torpedo in your watch?

Wow Seiko - next level engineering forethought on that one!😁
Seiko > NASA.

It's just a fun thing to look at. Better than lame dress watch hands with no lume.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seiko > NASA.

It's just a fun thing to look at. Better than lame dress watch hands with no lume.
On that I agree.
Almost all my watches are sports watches (divers, drivers, pilots, sailors) with lume, turning bezels, subdials etc - the one exception is an IWC clone with those gorgeous hands that seem to transform from navy blue to baby blue depending on the light.

Featured Sponsor

When shopping for clothes do you (choose up to 2)

• Always return to the same brands/stores/websites

• Like to visit brick&mortar shops to see things in person

• Shop mainly online and take advantage of free returns

• Like to try new brands/stores/websites

• Shop mainly during the sales, regardless of the brand/store/website

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryConors