• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's the quality?
Very good for the price I'd say, bezel action is excellent. Some I find to be a bit sloppy or too firm this has just the right amount of firmness while being easy to rotate, no back play and lines up nicely. Brushing on the case is good, the crown is large and easy to grip with a satisfying pop. A nice tool watch, substantial like a Deep Blue but better quality and packaging.

I haven't installed the bracelet but it's milled with screw links and seems like it will complement it well. I'll change it over when it gets into summer. Don't want sweat stains on the canvas or nato it came with.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CWL317

Reaction score
I got this G-shock 6 months ago. It is titanium with dlc coating. Subtle details such as chamfering of the bracelet links, which catch the light when turning the wrist. The crystal is sapphire.

I can also testify that it is completely safe to wear in central London 😌
56631C9B-2DD9-4900-9D4F-928037669049.jpeg

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got this G-shock 6 months ago. It is titanium with dlc coating. Subtle details such as chamfering of the bracelet links, which catch the light when turning the wrist. The crystal is sapphire.

I can also testify that it is completely safe to wear in central London 😌 View attachment 1793105
There's a definite improvement in manufacturing quality going from the base $30 G-shock to the JDM (but made in Thailand) $300 G-shocks to the $1.6k one you're showing to the top of the range $4k MR-G. Proportions also. Hold the two in the hand side by side and it's obvious.

I wonder how long until the "thief market" catches on as those special G-shocks' resale value seems solid, and the more premium ones are visibly so.

CWL317

Reaction score
Thanks am55. 🙂

I can see them becoming collectible, especially limited editions - people are already selling titanium G’s above retail on a certain auction site.

Anyway I actually had someone recognised it for what it is while I was walking around in London, although it was in Carnaby St and the guy had just come out of the Casio boutique store there so he must be a G-shock enthusiast. I like the feeling of it only appreciated by the cognoscenti and not the watch muggers.

Would like to get an MRG square but waiting to see what Casio comes out with next year, hopefully an anniversary special. Would love a titanium square with a marlin logo, to remind me of my childhood one from 1983.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had a few G-Shocks over the years (and still have the one below) and I've always loved the square Gs. My only complaint with them, no matter the version, is that the pushers are just too small for my big fat sausage fingers.

CWL317

Reaction score
I've had a few G-Shocks over the years (and still have the one below) and I've always loved the square Gs. My only complaint with them, no matter the version, is that the pushers are just too small for my big fat sausage fingers.

I find the pushers on the high end G’s are definitely easier

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfreezerrepair