• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20210915_114848.jpg
20210915_113941.jpg

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool piece. Someone else posted a similar Maranez a little earlier on WUS, although the hands are different and it has a countdown bezel.

View attachment 1672162

I have three Maranez Samui, and it's an interesting watch. Exact same case as the Synchron Military, which is an old Doxa case and thicker than the current 300T. It's a great case.

The Maranez bracelet is actually really nice and I would 100% put it on my 300T if it fit. I love how it's 20 mm and tapers with end links that actually articulate.

The Maranez bezels are also very crisp with no slop.

Seiko NH35 movement. Either a non-issue or a deal-breaker, depending on how you view that movement.

My only hedge on Maranez is that I'd want to see pictures from purchasers (like above) because Maranez's stock pictures aren't that accurate color-wise (my experience). The above looks really nice and a great way to scratch the Doxa Army itch.

Oh yea, one final warning on Maranez . . . I keep liking them so much that I buy the Doxa original for that Samui (professional, aquamarine) and now think I want a sharkhunter. So, not good in that way.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Maranz and Synchronize: I’ve got the PVD version of the Synchron Military and I know people were able to put the Maranz BOR bracelet on their Synchrons. I guess Maranz just released a black version of their Military with a matching black BOR bracelet (not sure if it’s PVD); I need to hunt down some pictures to see if somebody has tried to match that one up with the Synchron. I’d love to put mine on a BOR.

Pandaros

Reaction score
Any recommendations on a good online watch strap retailer? I'm in Europe so would prefer not to have custom charges but could settle for it.

Specifically looking for black alligator/croc effect (think the real deal is out of my budget). Don't trust eBay descriptions.

basu13

Reaction score
Any recommendations on a good online watch strap retailer? I'm in Europe so would prefer not to have custom charges but could settle for it.

Specifically looking for black alligator/croc effect (think the real deal is out of my budget). Don't trust eBay descriptions.

Not sure if they have alligator straps but do check out Colareb based out of Italy. Pretty high quality stuff. If you want cheaper ones , check out Cheapest Nato Straps for really budget straps - average quality but look decent enough. Have been using them to change the look on some of my dress watches since I was on a tight budget. Another notable name is Hirsh straps.

You could also check out this online retailer:. https://www.thestrapshop.co.uk/collections/leather-watch-straps

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads